• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

When's your Veggieversary?

April 29th, 2011
I think I joined VeggieBoards like two days later, so that means you've all (or, most of you, that were on VB) been putting up with me for over a year :devil:

sleepydvdr

Veteran Member
I went veg around Jan of 2000. Then I went vegan around June/July of 2007. I realized the other day I've been veg nearly 1/3 of my life now!

Forster

3-7-77
Mine was 5 days ago, year one with zero animal products in my diet. I'm still alive and as healthy as I've ever been.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I just had my 5 year veggieversary a couple days ago. I have been "mostly vegan" for the majority of those years. I don't sweat small traces of dairy in things and I do eat an occasional egg. I don't buy leather and I try to find cruelty free cleaning and personal products. It really isn't THAT hard and I would never go back to being an omni.

Mr Crunchy

Veteran Member
February 2010. Kind of late to the game but better late than never.

Like others, I'm not specific about the date because it was on a trial basis, but when I realized I had gone a couple weeks without eating meat and didn't collapse and die from protein or B12 deficiency, I just never looked back.

Dedalus

Mercurial and fleeting
September 2008. I was a slow learner. Farm life had brainwashed me but good. But I awoke...

Freesia

not my business.
April 29th, 2011
I think I joined VeggieBoards like two days later, so that means you've all (or, most of you, that were on VB) been putting up with me for over a year :devil:
That is kind of how it was with me. I found veggie boards but I was still a pescetarian and so I lurked for 2 months. Then when I went vegetarian I joined the board 2 weeks later (I didnt want to join as a pescetarian as the rules said I could not join).

yellowduckie21

Well Known Member
Became vegetarian in July of 2005. I eat mostly vegan, but I occasionally eat dairy and very rarely eat eggs, so I don't really have a vegan anniversary.. since I kind of just eat 90% vegan anyway.