1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Music What's Playing In Your Head?

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Amy SF, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Stuck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

3. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

4. MadamSarcastra

5. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I woke up with The Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter in my head.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Brotherhood of man, "Save your kisses for me"

7. MadamSarcastra

"Dogma" by KMFDM

8. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

ARGH. Selections from Vern Gosdin's 1989 album, "Alone". He was an old-style traditional country singer, nicknamed "The Voice" (cuz he did have a very good one), who passed away a few years ago. He was known for very sad songs (often co-written with Max Barnes). "Tanqueray" could have had a sort of "Margaritaville" feel... but not with this dude singing it. "Paradise '83" and "That Just About Does It" are two other sad ones. I sometimes feel this urge to listen to Gosdin's music... and then have to follow it with some Def Leppard to counteract it ("Hysteria", "Animal", "Photograph")... 'course I do love Def Leppard too. BRB...

Aaaand now for the chaser:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Suzy Bogguss, Froggy Went A-Courtin' from her American Folk Songbook album

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Hey, music fans, do me a favor if you please:

Whenever you post a video in this thread, please type in underneath who it is and the title of the song or music piece, and, if you want, what album it's from and, if it's live, when and where it was performed. That's because, if the video becomes unavailable, as is the case with certain ones already, we'll still know what earworm was taking up space in your brain when you posted it. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  11. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Oh, bah. I watched a rerun of Hogan's Heroes on TV last night, and now the theme music won't leave my head. Here's the beginning and ending themes.

12. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Bobby Helms, Jingle Bell Rock once again. My thought process:

Donald Trump>movie appearances he's made>Home Alone 2: Lost in New York>Christmas movie>Christmas songs on the movie's soundtrack>Jingle Bell Rock>EARWORM!

It's just 100 days until Christmas, y'all. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

:lala:Kokomo - The Beach Boys. I heard it yesterday.:dizzy:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Maxi Priest - Close to You. I saw someone that looked like him the other day and it reminded me of that song.

15. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Bing, the King of Swing, sings Mele Kalikimaka (with the Andrews Sisters)

Merry Christmas everyone!

16. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Hard Knock Life. They were playing it on the news after saying that Verne Troyer died and I have had it in my head ever since.

17. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

• Like Like x 1
  18. MadamSarcastra

Currently stuck in my noggin: Latin Playboys' (of Los Lobos fame) "Manifold De Amour"....

Skip to 1:17 'cuz that's the part that's stuck in my head... before that is a minute+ of somber, sour-sounding strings. Off-key makes my spine crawl. LOL

Voy a navegar
    al puerto del alma
    cruzando el mar
    hasta que llegaré

in English:
    I’m going to sail
    to the port of the soul
    crossing the sea
    until I arrive

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. MadamSarcastra

Fantastic Negrito's version of Leadbelly's "In the Pines" performed on Live From Here on NPR. It's pledge time again (this time to donate books for kids' summer reading), so this was a best-of show this past weekend.

I'd already heard this tune (just as it is here) twice before... show's on Saturday evening, rebroadcast Sunday afternoon....

Never watched the footage and I'd recommend you don't either, just close your eyes & listen....

This guy's voice & soul absolutely destroy me. :smitten: Heard this song five or six times now... full-body goosebumps every f*cking time....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

This version is MUCH better than e.g. the Nirvana's one, though i like the instrumental arrangement by Nirvana. Moreover, Kurt Cobain doesn't seem to get the matter.:???:And he deliberately slightly sings off pitch sometimes, which must sound good in some cases, but it has the opposite effect on me, brrrr. I just don't like Kurt Cobain, despite his pretty face:shrug:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice