1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Music What's Playing In Your Head?

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Amy SF, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

**sigh** For some reason, I've awakened with the "Dirty Vaudeville" ditty in my head & it sticks with me for hours... and this has been the last three friggin' days. :brood: It's one of many sketches from Seth MacFarlane's Cavacade of Cartoon Comedy. Now Seth has some truly hilarious stuff & other bits that are pretty damn annoying. This song is very well written but it's driving me batty.

Warning: Comically lewd and NSFW or young'uns!!

I want this damn tune out of my head!! :bang: :lala:

2. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

We lived in Beverly Hills for 14 years. Ella Fitzgerald lived across the alley from us, but I never got to meet her. Unfortunately, even if I HAD gotten to meet her, I wouldn't have appreciated it back then, as I never took a real liking to jazz until well into adulthood. Some people just need lots of time to understand the music, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. MadamSarcastra

I wish there was an emoticon for jealousy. LMAO :p Ella Fitzgerald was your neighbor?!? :argh::woo:

4. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Yep. Something I took for granted when I was a foolish young'un.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  5. MadamSarcastra

Well, there's always the potential for time travel.... ;) LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

I'm hearing that "Here Comes Krampus" song that someone posted in the "Countdown to Krampus" thread.

Over and over and over and over again.

I hope Krampus isn't like Candyman, where if I started singing that song under my breath enough times, Krampus would pay me a visit...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Well, it's been a whole year...guess what's bouncing around in my head again?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride
    Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
    I got to keep on movin'
    Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride
    I'm running and I won't touch ground
    Oh no, I got to keep on movin'

It's on an advert I keep hearing.:dizzy:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. Joe

Joe Celebrity Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. MadamSarcastra

Well, I bought American Hustle last night... lots o' groovy tunes... but this is the latest earworm.... ELO's Long Black Road!!

Just a killer slow, dirty, drivin' groove to it... damn, I need this on my phone next... for kitchen jammin' or whenever....

Synced it to my phone 5 minutes after this post. Yeah, this is my "new" jam.... LOL :cool:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. MadamSarcastra

I've had Sam Cooke stuck in my head since the beginning of The Juke Joint last night.... god, I adore that voice! <3

• Like Like x 1
  12. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

This song, which I love. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. MadamSarcastra

I'm blaming my excessive watching of The Martian again for this infuriating ear-worm.... :fp:

OMG, it's f*cking "Waterloo" by ABBA. :tinfoilhat: MAKE IT STOP!!!! :mad::lala::bang::cry:

Now, musically, ABBA was extremely talented... but their songs are absolute GARBAGE! :down: I will NOT post their video.

Go away now. Just go 'way. :sigh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

The video is a bit weird, but the song is stuck in my head.

15. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

Vern Gosdin: "That Just About Does It".

Listen to 'em and weep.

He was known as "The Voice" for a reason... but most of his songs are just so sad...

16. blues

blues World Class Member

Its a good point Madam I come across some artist with incredible musically talent and for some reason , sing the most crappy songs .:rolleyes:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. MadamSarcastra

I had a phone older than the one I have now, believe it or not... :p It too, stored music. Sadly, Frim Fram Sauce didn't transfer....

Nat Cole, with that silky ease of a voice... it's such a tasty old tune, with delicious innuendo....

18. Joe

Joe Celebrity Member

Thanks for posting this. I had never heard it (nor heard of it) before.

The Frim-Fram Sauce - Wikipedia

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. MadamSarcastra

You are most welcome. So glad you liked it. Please share.... more people need to hear this stuff & appreciate "older" tunes.... It's not only the new stuff that's edgy or racy or "dirty".... gotta go WAY back.... And the older sh*t managed to do that with WORDS, not videos. :cool:

In fact, quite a bit further back (18th century), we have Mozart with some very filthy compositions.... :rofl:

Mozart Wrote Dirty Songs, Too

And we can go SOOO much further back than that, but I need to make food now. :p

I like the dirty jazz/blues tunes, though... deeply suggestive & raunchy, yet classy about it. ;)

And one of my faves, Long John Blues... ya gotta wait for it though, it's in a medley... but so tasty....

Used to perform a Dinah Washington version of Blow Top Blues.... and used to play the above medley on the jukebox at a dive-n-jive bar I once gigged at.... (my ex & I gigged as a duo & were usually the only white folks there, it was truly awesome.) Ahhh, such good times! :dance:

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  20. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

It won't go away! But if I get stuck with an earworm, no better song than this, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice