1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Music What's Playing In Your Head?

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Amy SF, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

So much John Williams' goodness.... that's right, it's 10 hours of Star Wars-ness! :hh:

2. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

You know...it's funny what gets stuck in my head.

3. MadamSarcastra

The tune Howard sings to Bernadette in the hospital has been stuck in my head since I woke up, haven't the foggiest clue why, but it's driving me bat-shit.... :bang: LOL

Hey, at least I can finally learn all the damn words instead of it mumbling it's way through my brain.... LMFAO :rolleyes:

4. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

The Stepsisters Lament - still in my head.

5. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

Gotta love '80s music! It's a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine. And I finally found a local radio station that plays a lot of it a month or two ago.

But what's been playing on my head off-and-on today has been a theme from a Howard Hanson symphony, known as the Interlochen Theme. (You can hear it at almost the very end of the first "Aliens" movie, as Sigourney Weaver blasts the evil alien away from the ship and into space). It's quite beautiful, but not for an entire day...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I have Hot Stuff by Donna Summer in my head. And I'm thinking about the scene in The Full Monty when the guys are in an unemployment line or something, and the song starts playing and they start subtly breaking out their dance moves for their show. It's a very cute scene, hehe. I love that movie.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

After watching Under The Gun, I moved to the basement & chose Runaway Jury out of my collection to watch... since then, this version of Bitter Tree has been rolling through my brain....

8. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I used to love that commercial but the link doesn't work for me. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. LorriePaige

LorriePaige Ethical Vegan Hindu

Right now? The theme song from the terrific film, Crossing Delancey, called: Come Softly To Me
    by the Roches.

11. MadamSarcastra

I listened to a few while the pizza cooked, but the last heard (& still in my head) is Mr. Tambourine Man.... aww, happy diamond birthday, Bob Dylan! :hb:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Here I Go Again - Whitesnake.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MadamSarcastra

It's all-day Dylan! :cool: Just checking in here before I start on pickles & pasta sauce in the kitchen.... LOL
    Last heard were some faves, like Tangled Up in Blue, Maggie's Farm, Subterranean Homesick Blues, and Don't Think Twice It's All Right.
    And I just need to say... Positively 4th Street contains what has GOT to be one of my top-ten favorite lyrics of all time....

Yes, I wish that for just one time
    You could stand inside my shoes
    You’d know what a drag it is
    To see you

:rofl:
    Oh, hell, here it is.... with lyrics in English AND Spanish! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

15. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

Ever since our temporary guest left greasy fingerprints all over the kitchen from her raw chicken, a line from this song keeps playing in my head every time I see her or look at the kitchen, so basically every day, all day (please, make it stop). :hmm:

[​IMG] Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes... [​IMG]

The song itself is pretty good, but sad. For those who don't know the song, it's about a homeless man.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Dedalus

Dedalus Mercurial and fleeting

One of my favorite albums of all time. I brought it to share with my 6th grade music class, but the teacher wouldn't play it after she read the lyrics.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

• Like Like x 1
  18. MadamSarcastra

GodDAMN, I forgot how much I love that jam!! :cool: Used to sing it with a couple bands "back in the day"... oh, boy, first drummer couldn't hack it. We didn't kill him or anything, we just stopped trying. LMAO :p

T.O.P.... so tight. :master:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MadamSarcastra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice