• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Whatcha Makin'??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
This thread is for talking about whatever you are currently in the process of creating.... whether it's a tasty dish or an art project or a piece of furniture or a garden or an ugly X-mas sweater, let's hear all about it! :D

By the way, you don't need to share stuff like "Makin' whoopie" or "Makin' babies", etc.... LMAO :p

MadamSarcastra

Currently, I have strips of red bell pepper roasting in the oven & some red lentils gently simmering in deliciously aromatic water on the stove.... and I'm just taking a break from peeling roasted garlic long enough to have a cup of coffee. Then the creation of an awesome vegan bolognese-style sauce shall ensue!! :)

MadamSarcastra

Wellll, I have water on the stove (in a pot :p) for the last little bit of rotini... gonna do what I did last night & mix with an Amy's low-salt mac-n-cheese, plus the aforementioned lentil saucesomeness.... I need to try to duplicate what I ate last night.... SOOO good, with added diced Roma tomato & baby spinach.... the flavor combo was really quite amazing. :lick:

I guess I'd better get to preppin' the other stuff. Ooooh, baby, this is gonna be good! :up:

And while I'm doing this, I should get my PC to "make" something.... like, howzabout a game DL while I cook? :weird: Yeah!

I bought this book a while ago and I'm going to start reading it over the weekend. It's a book on how to improve your art skills. I kept putting off reading it as I think that I'm not that good at drawing and I don't like to try things I'm not good at. My art teacher told me to go and finish my art work when I was 14 years old and I told her I had finished it and that was one of the last art classes I ever attended. :D

Anyway, haha. So I'm going to read the book and then hopefully it will lead to being able to create some art that I can display in my home.:)

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists
Elizabeth Gilbert: Success, failure and the drive to keep creating | TED Talk | TED.com

"People will stick you into all sorts of boxes. They may say flattering things or they may say dismissive things about you. It doesn't matter in the least. Never delude yourself into believing that you require someone else's blessing (or even their comprehension) in order to make your own creative work. And always remember that people's judgements about you are none of your business."

KLS52

Only Kindness Matters
"People's judgements about you are none of your business"

Such a hard one for me!

I thinks it's cool that you are going to start creating again. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
IMG_6510.jpg

Tabouleh made with quinoa and lots of herbs plus California lemons.

Last edited:

MadamSarcastra

I only read the first couple of chapters on the book on drawing, but it is quite interesting. The writer was making the point that drawing is a skill that can be learned by anyone, rather than it being a natural talent that only a few people have.:)

How Learning Artistic Skills Alters the Brain — Pacific Standard
My father attended the Art Students League in NYC for many summers/years during my childhood.... he was so passionate about it... made so many sacrifices for it.... and he was so amazingly talented!! But it's sad to see that nowadays, the only time he touches pencil to paper is to do a crossword or sudoku puzzle. :|

If this is a passion that really fires you up, GO FOR IT!! :jump:

MadamSarcastra

A shopping list. Jerry is strapped & foodless until Friday, so I downloaded several digital coupons (Kroger's "family of brands) and am jotting the items down.... Hopefully, this stuff will tide him over until the weekend. But it looks like I'm gonna get some killer deals! :) Yay, Jerry can eat this week! LOL :D
  • Save $0.25 on Kroger® Instant Oatmeal
  • Save $0.25 on Kroger® Pasta Sauce
  • Save $0.25 on Kroger® or Fred Meyer® Salad Dressing
  • Save $0.25 on Kroger® or Fred Meyer® Peanut Butter
(That brings those items to only $1.00 each!!)
  • Buy 3 p$$t™ Noodles or Dry Pasta, Get 1 p$$t™ Pasta Sauce Free
  • Buy 5 p$$t™ Canned Vegetables, Get 1 p$$t™ Canned Soup Free
(That brand is already stupid-cheap as it is!)
  • Save $0.60 on Simple Truth Organic™ Salad Mixes
(That plus my paper coupon from Kroger means I'll save double on those greens!)

MadamSarcastra

Ooooo-eeee! Got some water on for angel hair pasta... gonna blend up that pesto so fine... dice up some fresh Roma tomatoes for that sh*t.... UH!! :cool:

Update, 10 minutes later: I had to. I was about to transfer pesto from manual food-processor to electric thingy, took a finger-swipe off the manual FP lid, nearly doubled over in glorious flavor ecstasy.... there is no emoji for what my taste-buds feel right now.... I cannot wait for more, that was absolutely exquisite. And not a single speck of salt! WOOO!!

Last edited:

MadamSarcastra

About to dive into produce-prepping. :) Been fiending for another flatbread sammich like I had last week. Gonna get things washed & diced, then divvy up the veggies into separate baggies & "meals"... then I can saute them up for each individual sandwich & don't have to mess with too much prep... just dump the bag's contents in a skillet, sizzle, spread, toss on some spinach, & chow down. And I still have plenty of Heather's ohhh-so-amazing vegan red pepper almond mayo for the spread. OMG, these are gonna be tasty sammies!! :lick:

Last edited:

MadamSarcastra

Upon further contemplation whilst slicing & dicing, each chopped veggie type will get its own bag.... I can't put sliced mushrooms & "wet" stuff like diced tomatoes in the same bag, everything'll be disgusting within two days. LOL :p And mushrooms should really be stored in a PAPER bag.

This will all still be extremely convenient for stress-free sammich-makin'.... :cool:

Val

Extraterrestrial
Making an indian Baingan Bharta! :drool: (with some thai and italian details). My meat-luvr mom is sniffing around and saying: "Omg, what is that??? Smells so good!" :rofl:

Last edited:

MadamSarcastra

Just makin' some pasta sauce.... evoo, garlic, red onion, mushrooms, baby spinach, a can of no-salt garbanzos, two cans of no-salt diced tomatoes, herbs, spices, nooch, the last teensy bit of my homemade vegan pesto, & a splash of Kendall Jackson chardonnay... I didn't have red. :rolleyes: LOL

Wow, that is smelling REALLY good.... :tomato:

Last edited:

Val

Extraterrestrial
Just makin' some pasta sauce.... evoo, garlic, red onion, mushrooms, baby spinach, a can of no-salt garbanzos, two cans of no-salt diced tomatoes, herbs, spices, nooch, & a splash of Kendall Jackson chardonnay... I didn't have red. :rolleyes: LOL

Just makin' some pasta sauce.... evoo, garlic, red onion, mushrooms, baby spinach, a can of no-salt garbanzos, two cans of no-salt diced tomatoes, herbs, spices, nooch, & a splash of Kendall Jackson chardonnay... I didn't have red. :rolleyes: LOL

I'm feeling its smell through the screen of my phone! :lick: :up:

MadamSarcastra

Currently sauteing red onions, red bell peppers, & mushrooms in evoo (seasoned with Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, dill weed, & Indian paprika)... I'll add tomato, baby spinach, & nooch at the end... gonna have me a flatbread veggie sammie. :D

MadamSarcastra

Got everything I need to make more of that amazing "cheesy" black bean dip.... :up:

Probably gonna add baby spinach to the mix like last time.... SOOO GOOOD!!! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.