1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Whatcha Makin'??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MadamSarcastra, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

This thread is for talking about whatever you are currently in the process of creating.... whether it's a tasty dish or an art project or a piece of furniture or a garden or an ugly X-mas sweater, let's hear all about it! :D

By the way, you don't need to share stuff like "Makin' whoopie" or "Makin' babies", etc.... LMAO :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. MadamSarcastra

Currently, I have strips of red bell pepper roasting in the oven & some red lentils gently simmering in deliciously aromatic water on the stove.... and I'm just taking a break from peeling roasted garlic long enough to have a cup of coffee. Then the creation of an awesome vegan bolognese-style sauce shall ensue!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadamSarcastra

Wellll, I have water on the stove (in a pot :p) for the last little bit of rotini... gonna do what I did last night & mix with an Amy's low-salt mac-n-cheese, plus the aforementioned lentil saucesomeness.... I need to try to duplicate what I ate last night.... SOOO good, with added diced Roma tomato & baby spinach.... the flavor combo was really quite amazing. :lick:

I guess I'd better get to preppin' the other stuff. Ooooh, baby, this is gonna be good! :up:

And while I'm doing this, I should get my PC to "make" something.... like, howzabout a game DL while I cook? :weird: Yeah!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I bought this book a while ago and I'm going to start reading it over the weekend. It's a book on how to improve your art skills. I kept putting off reading it as I think that I'm not that good at drawing and I don't like to try things I'm not good at. My art teacher told me to go and finish my art work when I was 14 years old and I told her I had finished it and that was one of the last art classes I ever attended. :D

Anyway, haha. So I'm going to read the book and then hopefully it will lead to being able to create some art that I can display in my home.:)

[​IMG]

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists
    Elizabeth Gilbert: Success, failure and the drive to keep creating | TED Talk | TED.com

"People will stick you into all sorts of boxes. They may say flattering things or they may say dismissive things about you. It doesn't matter in the least. Never delude yourself into believing that you require someone else's blessing (or even their comprehension) in order to make your own creative work. And always remember that people's judgements about you are none of your business."

• Like Like x 4
  5. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

"People's judgements about you are none of your business"

Such a hard one for me!

I thinks it's cool that you are going to start creating again. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

IMG_6510.jpg

Tabouleh made with quinoa and lots of herbs plus California lemons.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  7. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

Some non dairy mint and chocolate chip ice cream. It's happily churning away.:p

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

• Like Like x 1
  9. MadamSarcastra

My father attended the Art Students League in NYC for many summers/years during my childhood.... he was so passionate about it... made so many sacrifices for it.... and he was so amazingly talented!! But it's sad to see that nowadays, the only time he touches pencil to paper is to do a crossword or sudoku puzzle. :|

If this is a passion that really fires you up, GO FOR IT!! :jump:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. MadamSarcastra

A shopping list. Jerry is strapped & foodless until Friday, so I downloaded several digital coupons (Kroger's "family of brands) and am jotting the items down.... Hopefully, this stuff will tide him over until the weekend. But it looks like I'm gonna get some killer deals! :) Yay, Jerry can eat this week! LOL :D
    • Save $0.25 on Kroger® Instant Oatmeal
    • Save $0.25 on Kroger® Pasta Sauce
    • Save $0.25 on Kroger® or Fred Meyer® Salad Dressing
    • Save $0.25 on Kroger® or Fred Meyer® Peanut Butter
    (That brings those items to only $1.00 each!!)
    • Buy 3 p$$t™ Noodles or Dry Pasta, Get 1 p$$t™ Pasta Sauce Free
    • Buy 5 p$$t™ Canned Vegetables, Get 1 p$$t™ Canned Soup Free
    (That brand is already stupid-cheap as it is!)
    • Save $0.60 on Simple Truth Organic™ Salad Mixes
    (That plus my paper coupon from Kroger means I'll save double on those greens!)

11. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

Cherries soaked in brandy!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  12. MadamSarcastra

Ooooo-eeee! Got some water on for angel hair pasta... gonna blend up that pesto so fine... dice up some fresh Roma tomatoes for that sh*t.... UH!! :cool:

Update, 10 minutes later: I had to. I was about to transfer pesto from manual food-processor to electric thingy, took a finger-swipe off the manual FP lid, nearly doubled over in glorious flavor ecstasy.... there is no emoji for what my taste-buds feel right now.... I cannot wait for more, that was absolutely exquisite. And not a single speck of salt! WOOO!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MadamSarcastra

About to dive into produce-prepping. :) Been fiending for another flatbread sammich like I had last week. Gonna get things washed & diced, then divvy up the veggies into separate baggies & "meals"... then I can saute them up for each individual sandwich & don't have to mess with too much prep... just dump the bag's contents in a skillet, sizzle, spread, toss on some spinach, & chow down. And I still have plenty of Heather's ohhh-so-amazing vegan red pepper almond mayo for the spread. OMG, these are gonna be tasty sammies!! :lick:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MadamSarcastra

Upon further contemplation whilst slicing & dicing, each chopped veggie type will get its own bag.... I can't put sliced mushrooms & "wet" stuff like diced tomatoes in the same bag, everything'll be disgusting within two days. LOL :p And mushrooms should really be stored in a PAPER bag.

This will all still be extremely convenient for stress-free sammich-makin'.... :cool:

15. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Making an indian Baingan Bharta! :drool: (with some thai and italian details). My meat-luvr mom is sniffing around and saying: "Omg, what is that??? Smells so good!" :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. MadamSarcastra

Just makin' some pasta sauce.... evoo, garlic, red onion, mushrooms, baby spinach, a can of no-salt garbanzos, two cans of no-salt diced tomatoes, herbs, spices, nooch, the last teensy bit of my homemade vegan pesto, & a splash of Kendall Jackson chardonnay... I didn't have red. :rolleyes: LOL

Wow, that is smelling REALLY good.... :tomato:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  17. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

I'm feeling its smell through the screen of my phone! :lick: :up:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. MadamSarcastra

Mmmmakin' a pizza.... :dance:

'Cuz that pasta sauce I whipped up earlier is gonna be SOOO much better if I wait a day. :lick:

• Like Like x 1
  19. MadamSarcastra

Currently sauteing red onions, red bell peppers, & mushrooms in evoo (seasoned with Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, dill weed, & Indian paprika)... I'll add tomato, baby spinach, & nooch at the end... gonna have me a flatbread veggie sammie. :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. MadamSarcastra

Got everything I need to make more of that amazing "cheesy" black bean dip.... :up:

[​IMG]

Probably gonna add baby spinach to the mix like last time.... SOOO GOOOD!!! :drool:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice