1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Whatcha Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by MadamSarcastra, Aug 6, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

Well, we all do it.... drink things, that is. ;) So what are you currently enjoying? Coffee, tea, water, juice, a soft drink, a smoothie, an energy drink, a shot, a cocktail, some beer or wine? Perhaps something a bit more exotic? Whether it's "tea time" or "Miller time," give a shout! :)

(I might create a poll for this.... later.) :p

2. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Trader Joe's Sparkling Mineral Water, natural lemon flavor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadamSarcastra

The second to last Founder's All Day IPA. Also did what I call a mini-shot with my kitty... well, to/for my deceased kitty.... a tiny bit of vodka (from a little Smirnoff shooter bottle) & a healthy splash of Sparkling Ice beverage in a tiny shot glass (that apparently belonged to grandfather) that sits atop my cat's jar of ashes. I've mentioned that before... it used to be an every day thing at first... now it's one or two on Saturday nights.

I need to wean myself off of the Sparkling Ice, though... they use sucralose. And that's what's in my Deadpool sippy-cup all the time, it's what Jer & I do shots with. I like flavor, more tart than sweet, I want to avoid added sugar, but substitutes aren't really any better... and the sparkling waters with "essence" of whatever are OK, but they don't quite cut it for me.... :|

This beer, however, does not disappoint. ;)

4. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I was getting the La Croix (actually Aldi knock off - "La Vie") in grapefruit-just sparkling water and flavor. I got away from wanting the bubbly part, and now just like lemon water.
    I used to drink things with sucralose- I'd search the label of diet pop for it because I hated nutri-sweet. Now after quitting pop completely all non sugars taste horrid, all taste like chemicals, which is what a thought of nutrisweet! Sadly, even the plant stevia, though it's alright fresh, but I still dislike it

I'm drinking Aldi fair trade German medium roast coffee. It's not at all acidic. I also think I wanted a temp controlled kettle so badly because my old plastic one boiled way too high a temp. this one is still at a simmer at 200, the other was rolling
    ETA- just found that on my new kettle the water level window doesn't show the water actually boiling. I opened the lid and indeed the water is at a rolling boil! I'm not 100% happy with it, the lid opening is small, the water indicator is absolutely useless, and now I feel bad about the price. OTOH, I can't go to a store to compare any so I'd be ordering online again. Hmmmmm.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I don't know if I've ever had a IPA. I'm not at all beer savvy, Yuengling black and tan was my favorite, but I did like Heinekin, and Molson, and Blue Moon. Hated Bud and Pabsts and strohs

• Like Like x 2
  6. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

It's warm outside, and i'm drinking my favourite chilled grapefruit and pineapple flavoured beer:rolleyes:

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

Whoa. Funky. Is it sweet? o_O

8. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Yeah, it's sweet:p

9. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Green tea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Vegetable juice.

11. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

A big ol' glass of water. Kind of boring, lol, but when I get home tonight, I might have wine with dinner.

12. MadamSarcastra

Coffee with a sprinkling of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of organic unsweetened soy milk, & a spoonful of Silk hazelnut creamer.

13. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I usually drink coffee black (unless it's soy latte or something), but your combo sounds good.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. MadamSarcastra

The second of two Founder's All Day IPAs I brought from Jer's... I'll have to start workin' on the Heineken shortly.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

We had our last Pineapple Earlene IPA from Red Cypress Brewing. Very good! One of those "special" brews that may never be seen again!

• Like Like x 4
  16. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Ketel One on the rocks with a splash of cranberry juice.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MadamSarcastra

I've had two All Day IPAs and one Heineken, about to drink a second. The 'rents are back, and Dad poured a glass of wine for himself that must be the alcoholic equivalent of three of my beers.... :confused:

18. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Green tea.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MadamSarcastra

I'm cracking open the first of many IPAs.... Cheers! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. MadamSarcastra

A teensy shot for my dearly departed kitty (Absolut Berry Acai & Bai Costa Rica Clementine) and another Founder's All Day IPA.... Salut! :up:

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice