• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Addicted Poster
Had a surprisingly nice company picnic! Vegetarian baked beans, steamed plain corn, salad that was just lettuce and tomato, and - Beyond Burger! It really wasn't cooked well, but being in the front of the line I didn't want to ask for it to be put back- the guy could barely keep up! I was so surprised, I had to ask in advance what would be veg as the woman who plans these things couldn't care less :rolleyes:.
I did tell the guy grilling that they need to be cooked more. The person serving them gave me a lecture on how they just look that way because they have beets :p. Another co worker who's veg never had one before and told me he didn't know what to do because they said it was a veggie burger but looked like raw meat - and it certainly did :eek:
I won't be wanting another any time soon:confused:

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Last night I had a Dr. Praeger's mushroom-risotto veggie burger on a whole wheat sandwich slim, with baby spinach, Roma tomato, red onion, my "cheesy" roasted garlicky sauce, and a slice of Daiya provolone... and some crispy tater rounds. So tasty!! :lick:

Sadly, my house was/is incredibly dark, couldn't get a decent shot... but I tried! :rolleyes: Camera, phone, no flash, with flash.... LMAO :fp:

MR-Veg-Burg-1.JPG

MR-Veg-Burg-2.jpg MR-Veg-Burg-3.jpg

silva

Addicted Poster
Last night I had a Dr. Praeger's mushroom-risotto veggie burger on a whole wheat sandwich slim, with baby spinach, Roma tomato, red onion, my "cheesy" roasted garlicky sauce, and a slice of Daiya provolone... and some crispy tater rounds. So tasty!! :lick:

Sadly, my house was/is incredibly dark, couldn't get a decent shot... but I tried! :rolleyes: Camera, phone, no flash, with flash.... LMAO :fp:

View attachment 14829
View attachment 14830 View attachment 14831
That's a very nice picture!
I want to know how I've talked myself out of eating fried potatoes but I keep eating everything else :oops:
Gimme your tots :p

I made some not very pleasing 'refried' beans in the Instant Pot, so I mixed them with a can of tomatoes and chili and made cornbread and spread them on it halfway with some Daiya pepperjack. Not bad

MadamSarcastra

Gimme your tots :p
I have so many! I'd love to share if I could. And they've got onion (dehydrated) in 'em so they're like teensy, quarter-sized latkes! :D

I know I can't make a habit of these, though... a couple hundred milligrams of sodium for a little over a dozen of 'em, plus oil, plus some kind of preservative(s).... :fp: LOL

Sooo good, though, OMG.... :p

MadamSarcastra

Could do multi-thread... got pics from last night & tonight... but I'll post 'em all here... tomorrow. :p

Now is time to shut down the internet, play a game, & finally eat some of this "crock o' shit" that's been slow-cookin' for 5 hours. :up:

MadamSarcastra

Last night & the night before....

(mushroom bourguignon)
Bourg1.JPG

Bourg2.JPG

Bourg3.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(doctored-up Daiya pizza)
DaiyaZa1.JPG

DaiyaZa2.JPG

DaiyaZa3.JPG

silva

Addicted Poster
Looks delicious!
All Daiya pizzas have gluten free crusts don't they? Every time I look that's all I see and didn't like it.
I like a lot of things that don't have gluten but am sick of the lumping together of vegan with gluten free. Not a fan of things that try too hard- like pizza crust
Oh yeah, and I guess most mushroom containers are 8 oz, not 6

MadamSarcastra

Looks delicious!
All Daiya pizzas have gluten free crusts don't they? Every time I look that's all I see and didn't like it.
I like a lot of things that don't have gluten but am sick of the lumping together of vegan with gluten free. Not a fan of things that try too hard- like pizza crust
Oh yeah, and I guess most mushroom containers are 8 oz, not 6
I think they might just be trying to play it safe regarding major food allergies (lactose/gluten)....

MadamSarcastra

Sure don't see many regular pizzas gluten free- or dairy free.
Funny how dairy is such a more common allergy than real gluten allergens :hmm:
I've known people with severe dairy & gluten allergies, but a lot of this shit is merely "trendy".... :rolleyes:

silva

Addicted Poster
So many more dairy allergies than true gluten allergies though. Tons of gluten free everything, so few dairy free. Even just a good cheeseless frozen pizza on a regular crust! Trader Joes has such a good roasted veggie pizza without cheese- but they add honey :mad:. They fup up food intentionally it seems. Dark, dairy free chocolate coated things with beetle resin, even cocoa nibs have carmine there!

MadamSarcastra

Another tasty wrap last night. :D Flatout multigrain flatbread spread with my cauli-cheese sauce, baby arugula, falafel, tabbouli, tomato, pickle, and tahini sauce....

Zitoon Wrap 1.JPG

Zitoon Wrap 2.JPG

Val

Extraterrestrial
Just have had supper of veggie-farro soup (with flaxseed flour, salsa and dill); sauerkraut; georgian-style chopped pickled cabbage; pickled jalapeños; dense cranberry drench liquor; chokeberries and cashews.:p

silva

Addicted Poster
a bag of Aldis imitation cheddar quinoa puffs- supposed to be 4 servings :(:oops:
I was so hungry and worked a long day and son wanted to talk. I had making mustard greens and more brown rice to go with the berbere lentils I made yesterday. They were very good :up:So spicy they left me in a sweat, but really flavorful and not the burn your mouth hot like so many Mexican peppers

MadamSarcastra

Made some taco filling yesterday to combine with a frozen Frontera taco bowl... very glad I decided to use up what I had because the frozen thing was pretty pathetic (dry under-cooked rice, rubbery white beans).... Anyhoo, I oven-roasted my leftover produce (red onion, celery, a few garlic cloves) after tossing it with evoo, nooch, Mrs. Dash, ground cumin, chipotle powder, & smoked Spanish paprika.... I made quinoa with a little sautéed red onion, veggie broth & beer, mixed in some baby arugula... nuked the sad little frozen thing, mixed that in... decided my big, ugly pile of mush needed something else so I tossed in a healthy handful of garbanzos. :p I used the yellow corn/red bell pepper shells... added Daiya shreds, more baby arugula, Zima tomatoes, & my jazzed-up homemade ranch (added chipotle, cilantro, smoked paprika)....

9-30-18 Tacos1.JPG

9-30-18 Tacos2.JPG

9-30-18 Tacos3.JPG

9-30-18 Tacos4.JPG

9-30-18 Tacos5.JPG

silva

Addicted Poster
I just ate sooo much.
I rehydrated Soy Curls in a no chik'n, garlic, and hot sauce mix. Half got shaken with corn starch and pan fried, the other half got baked.
A bag of Asian style veggies got wokked with a packet of orange sauce I'd been saving from a kale salad mix
I put 4 russet potates in the Instant Pot for 10 min, then put them in the oven to bake.
I had Aldi cream cheese and Foxpoint seasoning from Penzeys on the potato
I'm so stuffed!
That damn cream cheese is very good on things like potatoes or in sauces!

manisthajain

Well Known Member
I eat many foods like fruits, vegetables and nuts. I prefer to eat natural and healthy foods to get good hair density and a healthy body.

I am from India, I saw many women are not caring for health and diet. I focused that eat healthy, live healthy.

I saw My neighbour lady, she age 50 years old, she lost hair and got bald. Her family has a genetic issue in hair fall.

I am very shocked she is losing hairs, My family has also hair fall Issue, So I decided to eat healthy live healthy.

MadamSarcastra

Tried some Annie's vegan mac-n-cheese for the first time last night.... Quite salty (duh), but it definitely had the cheddar "stinkiness".... :p

AnnieMac1.JPG

AnnieMac2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.