1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook or Bake today?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by shyvas, Jan 1, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I'm going to make filling for veggie pot pie and freeze it for future use because I have leftovers to get through first. I also will make a seitan loaf. I plan on using some for crumbles as I'm craving tacos for some reason. :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Katrina

Katrina Deity

Right now I'm making cauliflower ditali. It has capers, tomatoes, and saffron infused veggie broth as well as cauliflower (of course). Then it has toasted bread crumbs to serve. I hope it tastes good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Katrina

Katrina Deity

^^ It turned out sort of bland. :(

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

I've never heard of this recipe, Katrina. I absolutely love cauliflower in any kind of dish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I'm having a couple of friends over for dinner tonight. I am going to make pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bread. I'm baking cupcakes for dessert: chocolate peanut butter ones.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Katrina

Katrina Deity

It's from "The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen" cookbook. I find the recipes are hit and miss. The recipes I do like end up being favourites.

Actually, that recipe traditionally uses green cauliflower that is common in Sicily, and it's supposed to have a stronger flavor. I just used the regular white cauliflower. I wonder if it might taste better with the green one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

What time should I be there? :D

I know it’s already been two years since I first said I wanted to meet up with you but I’m still trying to work it out, lol...the issue being that I won’t drive many places by myself. But you are only 49 minutes from my daughter’s new house...we’re getting closer! :lol: :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Not done yet, but i'm in the process of making spicy mexican black bean and veggie soup.:D

• Like Like x 3
  9. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Yes! We must make this happen!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Katrina

Katrina Deity

I just made orechhiete (sp?) with rapini. The rapini was blanched then chopped up and added to a pan with olive oil and garlic. Then the cooked pasta was added. Yum!

My cupboard is full of pasta right now. I'm just in the mood for it!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

Spinach pesto with linguini.

A banana/oatmeal/chocolate chip cake.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mischief

I made macaroni salad with peas and "ham" flavored TVP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. shyvas

I have some leftover tinned tomatoes, so I'm going to make some tomato sauce.

14. shyvas

I made some chickpea balls, homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti. I also made a cabbage slaw served with French mustard vinaigrette, pumpkin seeds and yeast flakes.

• Like Like x 3
  15. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

Toast. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. shyvas

Hard work ! :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Eeeh...:???: The remaining half of my savoy cabbage head was sitting in the bowl of water on the balcony. It was ok for a long time, but today it has got frozen! I can't eat it raw now, so i'll have to make "mesivo" of it (and add green beans, red beans, cayenne salsa, yeast and sumac.:p)

• Like Like x 1
  18. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I made a thing with the uncooked mushroom seitan, onions and mushrooms with rice and gravy.

Now I'm making PB cookies at my sons request. I said I'd use eggs, which my other son uses, and I was - but then changed my mind and went with flax-egg. I still remember how gross it was the last time I cracked an egg :yuck:

19. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Yeah, cracking eggs is bleh...:hurl: And then their odour...:fp::tinfoilhat:

20. Mischief

I have made nothing. The laziness is strong in me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice