1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook or Bake today? (2018)

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Katrina, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

Not a damn thing!! :jump: LMAO

Actually, I'm about to reheat the other half of my pizza in my big skillet, but that doesn't count.... :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Eggplant/pattypan squash/red bell pepper/tomato "mesivo".:leer: .....Sauteed pâtisson tastes a little bit like courgette, butternut squash and turnip mixed together, but it's sweet! So, it goes pretty well with the rest of "mesivo" and doesn't spoil the dish, as i expected.:) So,.. yay pâtisson!:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Katrina

Katrina Deity

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of strawberry shortcake I made. It's the same recipe my dad used to make for us growing up, and it comes from this super old cookbook (I'm guessing from the 70s?). I really don't like those little yellow sponge-cake things you can buy from the grocery store. And I got locally-grown strawberries from the farmers market. I find that the grocery store strawberries are kinda bland.

The pad thai salad is from Appetite for Reduction. Did you want the recipe?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Katrina

Katrina Deity

home-grown blackeyed peas? That sounds really neat. I keep meaning to grow my own beans. Well, I tried to this year and something kept eating the seedlings... probably the bunny or squirrel.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Katrina

Katrina Deity

I actually had one of those dolls. I'm guessing it belonged to someone else first, since I have no memory of the show. There was a TV show, right? And there were other dolls... a blueberry one with short dark hair. And a couple others I can't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MadamSarcastra

I had Lemon Meringue and the Purple Pie Man.... :rolleyes: LMAO

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Indian Summer

Indian Summer One of a kind Administrator

Overnight oats - not bad, but trying again now with soya milk instead of water!

Also heated up two bean burgers which I put on slices of bread, buttered generously with cream cheese.

Not sure any this counts as cooking ... :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Katrina

Katrina Deity

I want to watch that show now. Lol. According to wikipedia, there was a 2003 remake.

9. Katrina

Katrina Deity

It counts!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I made a chickpea curry with cauliflower rice and roasted brussels sprouts yesterday so I will have the leftovers heated up with some added basmati rice today.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tom

Tom Addicted Poster

Blackeyed peas aren't my favorite beans as far as taste goes- but evidently they're not a favorite of most garden beasties such as rabbits or grasshoppers either! So that was what I wound up harvesting. They taste fine when I mix them with something else such as white beans, anyway.

Do you like marigolds? They're one of my favorite flowers, especially the tall, full-size ones with orange and yellow flowers (I think they come in other colors too). The flowers smell sweet, but the leaves really stink, and supposedly they repel animals (although I suppose if the critters were starving, they'd just barge past them and eat the beans anyway).

• Like Like x 2
  12. MadamSarcastra

I know they're supposed to repel mosquitoes quite well....

13. Katrina

Katrina Deity

So last night I made Lemon Garlic Orzo with Roasted Vegetables (recipe here), and it was freaking amazing!! I'll need to go buy more mushrooms and bell peppers soon so that I can make it again. And I need to figure out what sort of vegetarian protein would taste good with it. Maybe something as simple as baked tofu would work.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MadamSarcastra

That looks delicious!! What about just adding some garbanzos for extra protein? OMG, I need to make that now.... :drool: LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  15. MadamSarcastra

Not much, just nuked one of these....

[​IMG]

Added organic soy milk, organic whipped Earth Balance, nooch, dill weed, Mrs. Dash, & roasted garlic.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Katrina

Katrina Deity

H hates chickpeas, but I think some black-eyed peas or great northern beans would work well. Hmm. Or I could make some bean fritters and throw them on the side.

Let me know if you end up making it!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Tofu scramble and veggie chili. Yum.

20180924_233724.jpg 20180924_233754.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Veggie pot pie and raisin-cranberry scones, all going to my parents.
    20180928_232110.jpg 20180928_232432.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Katrina

Katrina Deity

Ohh, veggie pot pie is perfect for this weather!

I've been trying to use up the last of the tomato harvest, so I made a batch of salsa and a batch of fresh pasta sauce. Both turned out really well. I'm going to freeze the pasta sauce.

• Like Like x 4
  20. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Indeed, it is. I want it every week now, haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice