1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Music What bands / concerts have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Kasandra, Feb 6, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kasandra

Kasandra Veteran Member

We had the pleasure of seeing Red Hot Chilly Peppers last night performing at the Stadium in Cape Town. Anthony, Chase and Flea really put up an energetic performance. The new young guitarist also got everyone cheering.

What a show.

Next in March is Bon Jovi.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr Crunchy

Mr Crunchy Veteran Member

RHCP is one of my favorite bands. I'd love to see them. Last show I saw was David Grisman, bluegrass mandolin player, and his band on New Year's Eve.

3. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Last show I saw was Soundgarden in Philly last month. Chris Cornell can still rock it, and the band was tight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. beanstew

beanstew Certified horsemeat free.

Katy Carr at the Green Note in London last Thursday. Best gig of the year so far.

Here's a photo and video, limited somewhat by the very low light levels in the venue:

[​IMG]

Katy Carr - Wejmutka (At the Weymouth Pine Tree House) (Green Note, London, 07/02/2013)

Next up, Brandi Carlile tomorrow and then John Prine on Saturday.

5. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

Chris Cornell :smitten:

Did they play any old school songs?

6. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

7. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

Wow! Very impressive! So many songs. How long was the show?

8. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

It went a good two-plus hours. Not a lot of chatter, lol, which was fine by me. :D They didn't have an opener, either, which also was fine because it gave them plenty of time to get all of these songs in. I will be seeing them again in May in Philly with Alice In Chains. It's a festival, so the set will be much shorter, but seeing those two on the same day will be awesome for me.

9. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

That's impressive considering most bands don't spend anywhere near that amount of time on stage.
    The festival sounds fun too!

10. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I know! We are lucky if we get an hour and 45 minutes. I'm looking forward to the festival. I will see a lot of friends, plus, my sister and a nephew are coming as well. It's going to be a great time.

11. beanstew

No festivals here for a good few months but I'll be going to WOMAD, Fairport's Cropredy Convention and End of the Road in the summer. Here's the line-up for EOTR so far:

lots more still to be announced! It's going to be great! The line-up for WOMAD isn't out yet but it's always great so I can book a discounted early-bird ticket with confidence.

12. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Very cool, beanstew!

13. beanstew

Back to gigs we've seen recently, Rebekah Delgado with She Makes War as support, Erin McKeown and Brandi Carlile.

Here are a few videos I shot.

She Makes War - Slow Puncture (unplugged due to technical difficulties with electric guitar)

Brandi Carlile - What Can I Say (unplugged by plan)

Erin McKeown - Manifestra (plugged :) )

14. In April, my daughter and I and some of her friends are going here:
    It's 3 days, 2 nights. The Allman Brothers Band, Leon Russell, Widespread Panic, Govt Mule, Tower of Power, Electric Hot Tuna, and a whole bunch of others. :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. SuicideBlonde

SuicideBlonde Adorkable rockstar!

That sounds awesome. I so want to go to a camping music fest this year.

We did not go into, but heard a big rockabilly show last weekend. We where in the side area eating fried mushroom and drinking some beer. It sounded awesome, but the tickets where out of our current budget.

16. Sounds like fun anyway! As a teenager, we used to go to Central Park NY and sit up on the rocks and drink beer and listen to the show free. Once it was The Grateful Dead. :)

I know, tickets are so much now. A friend of my daughter's volunteers at this fest, so he is getting us discount tix. Daughter has gone up to Wanee the last 3 or 4 years, this will be my first year going with them. :)

17. Cerebellion

Cerebellion Smokin' Crow

I'm taking in Meshuggah with Intronaut and Animals as Leaders tomorrow night at the House of Blues. I'm also going to see Carolina Chocolate Drops on April 7 in Providence.

• Like Like x 5
  18. beanstew

Cool. Carolina Chocalate Drops are ace. I saw them last year, was a wonderful gig!

19. beanstew

The Breeders on Wednesday were AMAZING! They played all of Last Splash and then came back and played all of Pod! Kim gave me her set list! <3

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tinoberserker

Tinoberserker Star Member

Went to a metal fest a couple of weeks back. Most notable bands for me were Mastodon, Heaven shall burn (ears still bleeding btw) and Amon Amarth.

• Like Like x 3