• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Literature What are you currently reading?

Mikkel

Addicted Poster
@Mikkel - wow, just saw your challenge on FB - that's so COOL! (Maybe youve posted about it in this thread, but I don't post much here - that needs to change.)

As for celebrity books, I don't really read them either, but I loved "Becoming" by Michelle Obama.
Thanks. It's quite fun too. I've never done such a big reading challenge before.

And I'm going to take a look at her too. You know you are into celebrities when you have to search for a favourite. :p

For those who are not on my Facebook. I'm 42 books into it now, and have 32 books left to finish all boxes. I though first it would be undoable, but found out I need to read 8 books each month rest of the year now, so I think it will go. I have 10 on my list on Storytel now and three on my night stand. :p And one in my bag at work...

Jamie in Chile

Renowned Member
I read Jurek's book also. it was actually one of the three books I originally bought to help me decide whether or not to go vegan/vegetarian or whether to continue eating meat. The others were "Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating" by Erik Marcus and "Eat Like You Care by Gary Francione and Anna Charlton. I figured it'd be nice if one of the three books wasn't just ethical arguments and facts and horrors but more of a lifestyle story that would be easy to read and break up the heavier reading of the other two.

Bridget Jones - a former girlfriend of mine made me watched the first movie with her to help me understand women and I just kind of laughed at it, but I saw it again some years later and it is quite good.

I am currently reading Joe Romm's What You Need to Know book on climate change (second reading) and Follow the Rabbit Proof Fence. This is about three young girls who were mixed race aboriginal/white children who were taken away from their parents in colonial Australia to be educated elsewhere, but walked back to Jigalong even though it was 1,000 miles or something. I also went very briefly to Jigalong some years ago.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I just finished reading a biography of Lou Reed. He wrote some of the most amazing lyrics over a career of 40+ years. He passed away in 2013 at 71 years of age. Though he wasn't the biggest commercial success, his influence is worldwide. Funny that many younger people have no idea who he is. My friends Sherri and Kevin who are in their 40's, stopped by and I told them about the book and they had no clue who he was! o_O
I want to read Michelle Obama's book!

Val

Extraterrestrial
I just finished reading a biography of Lou Reed. He wrote some of the most amazing lyrics over a career of 40+ years. He passed away in 2013 at 71 years of age. Though he wasn't the biggest commercial success, his influence is worldwide. Funny that many younger people have no idea who he is. My friends Sherri and Kevin who are in their 40's, stopped by and I told them about the book and they had no clue who he was! o_O
I want to read Michelle Obama's book!
His song "Perfect day" is one of my favourites!:ma:

Mikkel

Addicted Poster
Jack London's book about when he lived as a tramp finnished. Not sure about the English title.

I wonder to start on Astrid Lindgren's "Mio Min Mio" now. That is so great childhood memories.

I also found out I missed a box on Level 1 in this challenge, so I need to add that one too. It's so many books and so little time. :p At least I get an Outstanding grade, that is the best. :p