• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Literature What are you currently reading?

Andy_T

Addicted Poster
Forum Moderator
I'll have to read some of his works. I know the Harrison Ford movie "Blade Runner" is based on Dick's novel: "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?" I've been familiar with his name, but somehow never got around to reading anything by him. So long as it's not too depressing/dark, and not about some sort of space war, I think I'll enjoy his work.
Also, the two "Total Recall" movies are based on his story "We can remember it for you wholesale", also, "Minority Report" and the new series "The Man in the High Castle" are based on his stories.

Katrina

Deity
Also, the two "Total Recall" movies are based on his story "We can remember it for you wholesale", also, "Minority Report" and the new series "The Man in the High Castle" are based on his stories.
There's also a series called "Electric Dreams" where each episode is based off one of his short stories.

PTree15

Beach bum
I'm about to start the second book in Mick Herron's Slough House series, Dead Lions. I finally finished the first one, and it turn out to be pretty good after a slow start. I like the characters. They're rough around the edges with good hearts for the most part.

Tom

Addicted Poster
I've read 7 more books in Piers Anthony's "Xanth" fantasy series (after reading "Board Stiff" back in August 2014). I read "Esrever Doom", "Swell Foop", "Jumper Cable", "Stork Naked", "Ghost Writer In The Sky", "Isle Of View", and "Demons Don't Dream" over a few months. I don't remember much of the plots... I don't know if I was distracted (I tend to do my reading during my bus commute) or if his plots are hard for me to follow. Or maybe reading about 7 pun-heavy books in one fell swoop just got them all merged in my mind. They're enjoyable (puns are a guilty pleasure of mine), but I think I've had my fill of them, even if the local library system has more I haven't read.

ETA: Hmmm... Isn't "swell foop" a spoonerism, not a pun?....

Looking back on here was the last time I read a book really October 2018?! I have really got out of the habit of reading, I used to read a few books a week. I just listen to music or podcasts all the time, mainly music.:)

I bought a book a YouTuber was talking about the other day. Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One - Dr Joe Dispenza.

I'm going to make sure I read a few chapters each day, starting right now.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I had pretty much stopped reading a few years ago and have just recently gotten back to going to the library for books. I am currently reading Bruce Springsteen's autobiography. I love his music and his life story is very interesting. I also read the biography of Steve Jobs which was also fascinating. He was vegan or vegetarian most of his life.