• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Literature What are you currently reading?

Poppy

Ankle Biter
I'm reading (actually listening to as I'm a huge audiobook fan) 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's captivating!

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
I'm reading (actually listening to as I'm a huge audiobook fan) 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's captivating!
I'm big into audiobooks too :D
In fact I will start an audiobook thread.

I am ready 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid' by Bill Bryson. It's funny and I adore his style, but it's not un-put-downable. Probably if I grew up in the same time as him in America I could resonate a bit more with it.

RascalsMom

Addicted Poster
The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman. Not that far into it - less than half way. So far, it's alright, but nothing too special.

Fyvel

Veteran Member
"A Clash of Kings" and "Raising Your Spirited Child"

I had been putting off the Game of Thrones books for years, waiting for the series to be complete so I could read it all at once, then they had to go ahead and make the tv version. Now I am trying to keep ahead of where they are on tv to avoid spoilers (and failing...I don't read much lately).

Veggiemama

I haven't read anything in SUCH a long time but I really want to start The Hunger Games. I want to see the movie first because I never like a movie if I've read the book first BUT if I watch the first movie and then read that book I KNow I'll get addicted and have to read the rest and then I'll ruin the next couple movies for myself.

Pirate

Addicted Poster
Has anyone read 50 Shade Of Grey?
No but I have a friend reading it for the lols. It's a Twilight fanfiction with the names find/replaced and hilariously bad apparently.

Anyway I am currently reading The Hunger Games book 3. I enjoyed the first book, the second book was a bit silly (it would have been better if it was book 3 and there was a book inbetween, as it was a bit samey to the first one) and book 3 is just meh. I like finishing a series though.

raggle

Deity
I'm reading 'A Game Of Thrones' finally!

I put it off because the book looks humongous & I thought it would be difficult to read. So wrong; it's so easy to read & I'm really enjoying it. Nearly finished actually. :)

Veggiemama

I'm reading 'A Game Of Thrones' finally!

I put it off because the book looks humongous & I thought it would be difficult to read. So wrong; it's so easy to read & I'm really enjoying it. Nearly finished actually. :)
I wonder if reading the book is easier than watching the show? I love the show but I'm pretty damn confused most of the time. Lol

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
I wonder if reading the book is easier than watching the show? I love the show but I'm pretty damn confused most of the time. Lol
I've only seen season 1 (waiting for the next disc) but I kept forgetting who everyone was and what their relationships with each other were. The DVD had a feature where you could look at the different families and read about the individuals but there were so many that I was even MORE confused. It doesn't help that I have a really hard time differentiating men in TV or movies unless they look really distinctive.