1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Literature What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Rosie, Jun 2, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rosie

Rosie I don't know what to put here.

Just what the title says! :D
    Wha'cha readin'?

2. beanstew

beanstew Certified horsemeat free.

On the train this evening I finished We Are All Made Of Glue by Marina Lewycka. I enjoyed it but liked her previous two novels more. I'm not sure what I'm going to start on next, I have a big "to read" pile.

3. Poppy

Poppy Ankle Biter

I'm reading (actually listening to as I'm a huge audiobook fan) 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's captivating!

4. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

I'm big into audiobooks too :D
    In fact I will start an audiobook thread.

I am ready 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid' by Bill Bryson. It's funny and I adore his style, but it's not un-put-downable. Probably if I grew up in the same time as him in America I could resonate a bit more with it.

5. RascalsMom

RascalsMom Addicted Poster

The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman. Not that far into it - less than half way. So far, it's alright, but nothing too special.

6. Fyvel

Fyvel Veteran Member

"A Clash of Kings" and "Raising Your Spirited Child"

I had been putting off the Game of Thrones books for years, waiting for the series to be complete so I could read it all at once, then they had to go ahead and make the tv version. Now I am trying to keep ahead of where they are on tv to avoid spoilers (and failing...I don't read much lately).

• Like Like x 1
  7. schmencer

schmencer banana hater

Deal Souls - Gogol

8. Veggiemama

Veggiemama Senior Member

I haven't read anything in SUCH a long time but I really want to start The Hunger Games. I want to see the movie first because I never like a movie if I've read the book first BUT if I watch the first movie and then read that book I KNow I'll get addicted and have to read the rest and then I'll ruin the next couple movies for myself.

9. Veggiemama

Veggiemama Senior Member

Has anyone read 50 Shade Of Grey?

10. Rereading "A Moveable Feast" by Hemingway.

"Delta of Venus" and "Henry and June" both by Anais Nin

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dedalus

Dedalus Mercurial and fleeting

I've almost finished 'The Mists of Avalon.'

By Marian Zimmer Bradley.

12. Pirate

Pirate Addicted Poster

No but I have a friend reading it for the lols. It's a Twilight fanfiction with the names find/replaced and hilariously bad apparently.

Anyway I am currently reading The Hunger Games book 3. I enjoyed the first book, the second book was a bit silly (it would have been better if it was book 3 and there was a book inbetween, as it was a bit samey to the first one) and book 3 is just meh. I like finishing a series though.

13. raggle

raggle Deity

I'm reading 'A Game Of Thrones' finally!

I put it off because the book looks humongous & I thought it would be difficult to read. So wrong; it's so easy to read & I'm really enjoying it. Nearly finished actually. :)

14. Veggiemama

Veggiemama Senior Member

I wonder if reading the book is easier than watching the show? I love the show but I'm pretty damn confused most of the time. Lol

15. I Heart Corey Haim!!

I Heart Corey Haim!! Well Known Member

Janet Evanovich Fearless Fourteen.

peace, love and magic:)

16. raggle

raggle Deity

It really helps explain a lot of things, haha.

17. beanstew

beanstew Certified horsemeat free.

Neuromancer by William Gibson. :)

18. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

I've only seen season 1 (waiting for the next disc) but I kept forgetting who everyone was and what their relationships with each other were. The DVD had a feature where you could look at the different families and read about the individuals but there were so many that I was even MORE confused. It doesn't help that I have a really hard time differentiating men in TV or movies unless they look really distinctive.

19. Nine and Half Weeks by Elizabeth McNeill. It's hawt.

20. Spang

Spang Foot Fetisher

the Smell of Good Mud
    Poems by Lauren Zuniga

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice