1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

UK Vintage Vegan

Discussion in 'Hellos & Goodbyes' started by Mongoose, Mar 8, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mongoose

Mongoose Well Known Member

Hallo! I'm a cheerful soul in my fifties, currently living in East Anglia.

In mid-2016 I nearly died of acute bowel ischaemia (in two places) and full-body sepsis. They rushed me in for an emergency operation which I shall forever think of as a "what-the-'ecktomy" because I had no knowledge of it until I woke up afterwards. To everyone's surprise I survived, but I'm left with an ill-mannered, ill-tempered, ill-behaved ileostomy known as Squirty Sidney. (And other things, not all of which are printable.)

Because of Sidney, I am pretty much housebound, but that's not a big problem as I have plenty to keep me busy. I am addicted to writing, killer sudoku, all kinds of crafts, and the Girl Genius webcomic, and I'm usually up for a chat. (Unless I'm napping because Sidney got me up in the night. That happens.) The bright side of my medical problems is that, because my digestion is now very inefficient, I not only can but must consume large quantities of sweetened drinks to keep my weight up. Every cloud has a silver lining! :)

2. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

3. Mongoose

Thank you! :)

4. blues

blues World Class Member

:wave:Hi and welcome Mongoose :wave:

5. Mongoose

*waves back* Thank you! :)

6. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

Welcome!

7. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

8. peacefulveglady

peacefulveglady Peacefully Vegan and Proud

welcome and greetings..

9. Mongoose

Thank you all! :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice