• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Vegan / vegetarian dating and finding a partner

Underdog

Friendly neighbourhood vegan
Having a partner doesn't come in to my long term plans, though isn't incompatible (I'd like to teach English abroad get a PHD, see the world ect). I don't really long for a significant other... At least not right now...

I'd date a vegetarian, despite being vegan, but I've tried dating meat eaters and have had issues (with them, not me), I'd like to date somebody in to fitness and who is a feminist too... I think for me it's about respect too.

Being queer, I find I rarely fancy people as it is. I don't tend to know many vegans, but I have queer friends and lefty friends, many of who are veg*n.

Wolfie

World Class Member
I have pretty much given up on finding a compatible guy. Veg*nism is much more "cool" now then when I first made the switch, but not among my age group, especially around here. Of course I have family and friends who are omni but I have higher standards for a partner.

ledboots

Peace
I have pretty much given up on finding a compatible guy. Veg*nism is much more "cool" now then when I first made the switch, but not among my age group, especially around here. Of course I have family and friends who are omni but I have higher standards for a partner.
Go younger, Wolfie! ;-)

Xandrius

Not-So-Newbie
It is difficult to meet someone with the same values, my girlfriend is a meateater, but she have the values of a veggie, that is why I fell in love with her. And as sequoia mentions there are datingsites out there, and www.agreenlove.com is a datingsite made for veggies to find one another, so that may be something for you all to check out if you are looking for love. I will do that as well if my relationship ever fall apart. There are veggies from all over the world on that site so it is possible to find love and/or even friendship.

Clueless Git

Plant powered
If it gives anyone hope ..

Even I found a partner using online dating. Not a vegetarian site either.

I did write a profile that was going to send anyone who was not, at the least, highly 'Veg-curious', running for the hills though.

VeggieLady

Star Member
Wasn't there a dating post on here a while ago? Where singles such as myself were able to post? I feel your pain, it's tough to find a good, vegan lad. I don't think I could kiss somebody who had just consumed the flesh of another species *gag.*

VegFred

Well Known Member
I think online dating sites can also provide a relatively easier way for us vegetarians/vegans to find partners. Greensingles and Veggiedate are some good niche dating sites built for only vegetarian or vegan singles.

Match has a large user base and you can filter results to find only singles who’re vegetarian. There’re quite a few other sites if a search is done online; however, be mindful of some important things before you decide to use any dating site. I found an article that elaborates on that here How to choose the best dating site.