1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Vegan shoes

Discussion in 'The Vegan Forum' started by peewit, Jun 7, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. peewit

peewit Well Known Member

Thought it would be good to have a thread about vegan shoes.

I just bought the vegan doc marten. I haven't worn them much yet, so will report back when I have.
    They look good though, & so far, seem comfortable.

http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-6444-dr-martens-vegan-1460-boot.aspx

I'd like to get some good quality walking boots with a Goretex lining at some point.
    The choice is very limited ATM though.

2. raggle

raggle Deity

I've been wanting some docs for ages. I WILL have some.

They're supposedly very uncomfortable until they're worn in. Seems you've been lucky. :D

3. peewit

peewit Well Known Member

Possibly not, as I've only worn them around the house so far, the real test is tomorrow....

*prepares for sore feet & legs*

4. raggle

raggle Deity

Oh my. Well, good luck!

5. Alice-Bee

Alice-Bee Mad as A Hatter

UK/US might be different but
    I know that in the UK:

Rocketdog shoes are vegan. They do make leather ones BUT if their shoes/boots are synthetic uppers then the glue is animal free.

Ironfist-Vegan glues

Irregular Choice have a vegan range

And I have reason to believe a brand called Marco Tozzi is vegan. I bought some boots by that name on a website called Boheme or somethng like that and they told me they only sell 100% vegan items. I guess its a trust thing but the boots were amazing!

6. raggle

raggle Deity

What about Toms? I'm sure I heard they are vegan. Or is that wrong?

7. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

^ I have some by Bourgeois Boheme and they are very well made.

I bought some sandals from Alternative Stores the other month and they were very cheap but I haven't worn them yet actually so I don't know how hardwearing they are yet.

8. Alice-Bee

Whats Toms?

Do BB have their own label?

I do keep emailing shops and places but I rarely get replies. I have some Gothy style shoes from a company called Inamagura but they are hard to get these days :confused:

9. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Bourgeois Boheme I thought they had their own high street stores too but I'm not sure.

10. Alice-Bee

I have no idea. I found the boots completely by random

11. raggle

raggle Deity

12. Spang

Spang Foot Fetisher

I'm still in the market for vegan shoes, but I haven't found any that I like yet.

13. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

I've bought trainers from the vegetarian shoe shop in Brighton before (also available online) but to be honest, most of their shoes are not to my taste. I don't really have the money to spend £100 on a pair so I bought some normal trainers last time... I'm not sure how likely it is that they will have vegan glues. Next time I will look into the brands mentioned here.

14. Pickle Juice

Pickle Juice Member

Hmm I was awarded the 2011 Imelda Marcos Award for having over seventy pairs of vegan shoes. :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Wow. I only have about 10 pairs of vegan shoes.:p

16. raggle

raggle Deity

That is most excellent. :D

17. Capstan

Capstan Guest

18. mlp

mlp Guest

LOL - I used to get that award, but I have pared down to about half a dozen. Never thought that would happen - I had such a love affair with shoes.

Capstan!

I like the tread on those - I will have to keep those boots in mind - probably more acceptable for winter errands than my mucky barn boots. :p

I have purchased a few pairs of Sanita vegan shoes at a good price from an eBay seller who apparently bought up a boatload of Sanita salesmen samples. Lucky for me, my shoe size is the size that they use for samples.

19. AeryFairy

AeryFairy Anachronism Administrator

20. Poppy

Poppy Ankle Biter

I have 3 pairs of J-41s (two of which are sandals), 2 pairs of Danskos, and one pair of Tom's for my basic shoe wardrobe. I supplement with cheap flip-flops, man-made boots, fabric heels and non-leather sandals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice