1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Various random thoughts & observations....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MadamSarcastra, Feb 21, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

My "magic 8-ball" is frighteningly accurate. :weird: LOL

2. MadamSarcastra

"Cheek" is one of those many words that, the more I look at it, the more I think "No, that can't be right." LOL, thanks CHAIN REACTION. :rolleyes:

3. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Despite legislation to fix the problem, TV commercials are still louder than the programming they're constantly interrupting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

well, to wake you up, I guess....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. MadamSarcastra

I keep seeing this tiny little bunny on our property.... sooo adorable! And he (I don't know what sex it is, I'll just say "he") was on our front lawn when I pulled up to the curb. I ran inside, grabbed one of the carrot sticks (I know, how cliché), snapped it in fourths, tossed the pieces out on the lawn, & went back inside to get out my sammich fixins & listen to some cool music.

I crept outside (yes, to drink some wine & have half a smoke... that's all I allow myself here now), and there he was.... of course he froze up, but I saw him due to the full-ish moon through the trees/clouds.... I stayed calm, did my thing, all the while softly whispering & making rabbit noises/comforting (?) sounds.... he stuck around & began eating a carrot chunk. He's SO small! He needs to eat! And I hope he doesn't get too used to people, especially around here. But I let him know he could trust me... but to run & run fast, because there's a lot of traffic (during the day, nearby school... at night, very close to bar district.... both crowds will run stop signs & probably run over anything in their path.)

I know. I "talk" to animals. Maybe I'm crazy, but I dig it. This made me remember a few years ago... same porch, same situation, saw two rabbits (one male, one female from the looks of their behavior), they chased around a bit, vanished... then I started making the rabbit calls (quick, high-pitched, ascending whistle) and they reappeared... shortly thereafter, another male showed up & he and the younger one chased each other around the lawn while the female just sat there, presenting. Ass up & everything, but the boys chased on, not even noticing. (I would not have let any confrontation ensue, I knew this had to be a "dance", although I'd never experienced it until that very moment)....

I stood out on that porch, motionless, for over 45 minutes.... just to watch.

I like those moments. Like the shooting stars while listening to "Starman"... or the bald eagle I saw through the sun roof that made me pull over. I like to take photos of stuff... never of me... but food I make, Jerry's beasties, etc....

But those other moments, how long or how brief, that I get to experience... just me & not through a lens.... those are nice. :zen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I typed so much... I need to make food now, not rereading anything, so forgive any typos.... :tinfoilhat:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I talk to animals, too. :). Yesterday I saw a bird on my afternoon walk and he didn't fly away as I approached...so I had to stop and say "hi, birdie ", and then I made little kissy sounds at him. I swear he chirped back, lol!

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

I always talk to animals.:p

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. MadamSarcastra

I don't know what I was thinking. :fp: How silly of me.... of course we talk to animals! :argh:I must have forgotten where I was. LOL :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MadamSarcastra

Pyrex is the sh*t. :up:

10. MadamSarcastra

I just happened to peek at the nutritional information on the back of my bag of frozen Brussels sprouts and I did a double-take.... One serving, a mere FIVE sprouts, has 90% of the RDA for vitamin C!! Wow! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Just my luck, I hate Brussels sprouts. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MadamSarcastra

Do ya dig broccoli?? One serving (of my frozen stuff) has 50% RDA of vitamin C.... still WAY more than an orange. ;)

13. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Broccoli I love. Especially raw. Give me a plate of raw broccoli and a vegan ranch dip, and I'm happy. Add some other raw veggies, and I'm over the moon. As long as none of those veggies are Brussels sprouts. :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

Isn't it funny how words look more and more wrong, the longer you look at them?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

Pass me your Brussels sprouts. They're my favorite veggie, since I can't find asparagus that actually tastes like asparagus.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MadamSarcastra

Brussels sprouts for everyone! Except AmySF. LOL :p (flings Brussels sprouts everywhere) Heads-up! Careful, they're frozen! :ignore:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I just cooked zucchini that had very 'pocked' skin. Didn't seem spoiled at all, so I peeled it and steamed it,but it tasted very off

I just searched for my phone 'cause I thought it was vibrating. It was just a snoring cat

Ever in the middle of talking with someone and notice a eyelash directly on their eyeball? Like they don't even feel it, and you have to interrupt because it's like you can feel it. Getting to a mirror quickly enough to get out an eyelash, or other hair, is a major success for me. They cause me great pain

Aldi gets really great special stuff, and they sell too fast, and then disappear. I got a garlic peppercorn salad dressing- no sugars, low oil. Too tart for me on salad, but mixed with a lot of nooch and Just Mayo is divine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. MadamSarcastra

Had to rate that "funny" for the snoring cat.... :lol:

19. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I found the fattest, tenderest asparagus for $3.99. I thought it was for the bunch, so I looked for the biggest one. It was by the pound. I spent about 5. on it and finished it quickly with my son. Best ever! :up:Stinky, stinky pee.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MadamSarcastra

I've noticed my walking pace is too brisk for automatic doors. :p When I go to the store, I try to make my visit as brief as possible... I get into my "New York walk"... passin' people left & right, dodgin' & weavin', 'scuse me, pardon me.... and every time I get to an automatic door I have to halt. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice