1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Today's Vegan Menu

Discussion in 'The Vegan Forum' started by GingerFoxx, Jul 6, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GingerFoxx

GingerFoxx No effin' whey!

As an ongoing thread, I wanted to create a place to share the vegan meals we eat each day. Feel free to include photos/recipe links if you are feeling sassy.

Yesterday my vegan menu was as follows:

B- Hot cereal and tea
    S- Homemade whole-wheat apple carrot sunflower seed muffin
    L- Baingan bharta (Indian eggplant curry) with some seasoned beans I resurrected from my freezer
    D- Sunflower seed mac and cheese, using a scaled down version of this recipe: http://www.theppk.com/2012/02/sunflower-mac/

Today my breakfast and snack are the same as yesterday.
    L- Homemade coleslaw (red cabbage, carrot, shredded cauliflower and green beans dressed with lemon juice, vegan mayo, spicy mustard, soyaki sauce and spices) and a side of black-eye peas

Dinner is still up in the air. I am thinking a nice easy veggie saute with some nutritional yeast and a homemade veggie burger from the freezer.

What is everyone else eating??

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I was going to have toast for breakfast but I realised I was out of bread :fp: so I had a few crackers with peanut butter and a bowl of white and red grapes.

I just had a massive salad for lunch and I feel stuffed.

I'm not sure about dinner yet, ^ that sounds like a good idea to make veggie burgers and freeze them.:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Francesca_Bee

Francesca_Bee Veteran Member

Breakfast: Cereal
    Home Lunch: Vegetable Soup
    Work Lunch: Hummus and avocado wrap
    Dinner: BBQ Tofu fajitas

4. sleepydvdr

sleepydvdr Veteran Member

For lunch today, I made a homemade pizza with sundried tomatoes, jalapenos, red onions, Yves Pepperoni and Daiya. It was good. Only 2 slices left, but they won't live to see Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sallyomally

sallyomally Addicted Poster

Haven't done so well today:

Breakfast: tomato sandwich
    Lunch: Taco Bell Cantina Bowl
    Snack: popcorn
    Dinner: leftover beans and potato salad, cantaloupe and grapes

I promise to eat more green tomorrow!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. yally

yally Addicted Poster

I've been eating really badly these past few months. There's a **** who hangs out in my kitchen so I just don't feel happy cooking. Time for healthier eating.

That said, today was pretty lousy:

B: tea, coffee, cereal, hazelnuts

D: pretend bhel puri (cucumber, tomato, onion and coriander with Bombay mix and mango chutney - totally weird ingredients but it satisfied my craving)

Um, guess that's it. Spent most of the day in bed so no lunch happened :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. GingerFoxx

Yesterday:
    B- Hot cereal with banana, cinnamon and nutmeg. Some hot tea
    L- A green salad dressed with salsa and dried herbs. I also threw in some leftover steamed veggies, some fresh blueberries and even some chopped pickle. I was at my boyfriend's place and the vegan options were a bit lacking so basically if it fit the criteria, I added it to the salad.
    S- Homemade whole wheat muffin with zucchini, carrot, dates, apricots, dried cranberries, toasted sunflower seeds and applesauce. Chock full of healthy goodness, filling and relatively low-calorie
    D- I was at my boyfriend's brother's wedding, so I started out with some assorted fruits and veggies from the appetizer table, that was followed by a small salad, the my main course was pasta with sauteed veggies. I ate all the veggies but left most of the pasta.

Today:
    B- Hot cereal with applesauce, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. A mug of hot tea
    L- A homemade beet burger, drizzled with tahini and topped with lettuce and tomato between two slices of sprouted whole wheat toast
    D- A big salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) topped with some TVP that I cooked in veggie broth seasoned with onion, taco seasoning and nutritional yeast, and dressed with a little homemade hot sauce

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Freesia

Freesia not my business.

leftover dal and pizza i brought home from last night. unfortunately ate corn chips too. will have eggplant casserole tomorrow with quinoa.

9. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

My favorite summertime breakfast food! :)

10. GingerFoxx

B- Hot cereal with banana, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little canned coconut milk. A mug of hot tea
    S- A homemade muffin, same as the one I had on Saturday.
    L- My veggie selection is limited at the moment so I sauteed some eggplant, green beans, cauliflower, tomato, ginger and garlic and added some Thai red curry paste and the leftover coconut milk from my homemade shortcake project.
    D- Probably going to take the last of my cauliflower and make some cauliflower taco filling to put over a simple salad with some salsa and/or hot sauce

11. GingerFoxx

B- Hot cereal with peanut butter, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
    S- A homemade muffin
    L- Leftover veggies with Thai red curry
    D- To be decided...

12. raggle

raggle Deity

Yesterday:

B: Sainsbury's butterscotch porridge with almond milk (mmmmm.) Green tea with lemon.
    L: Minestrone soup. Apple.
    S: Nakd cocoa orange bar. Coffee with soy milk.
    D: Linda McCartney sausages with butternut squash/sweet potato mash & mixed veggies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GingerFoxx

B- Hot cereal with peanut butter, cocoa powder, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
    S- A homemade muffin
    L- The last of my veggies with Thai red curry
    D- Homemade risotto, not sure what kind as I am having company over for dinner and we will pick something fresh up at the farm stand to use.

14. GingerFoxx

B- Hot cereal with raisins, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
    S- A whole wheat muffin chock full of zucchini, carrot, dates, apricots, cranberries, sunflower seeds and applesauce
    L- Leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies (summer squash, onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, scallions and garlic)
    D- All I have left for fresh produce is a couple beets and a red cabbage. I might show my Polish roots and try to improvise some sort of borscht or maybe a beet and cabbage slaw. Lots of recipes on Google to peruse...

15. GingerFoxx

B- Hot cereal with raisins, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
    S- A homemade muffin
    L- Red cabbage and beet slaw dressed with lemon juice, tahini, fennel, dill, salt and pepper and topped with seasoned beans and scallions
    D- Probably the last of my leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies

16. GingerFoxx

L- The last of my leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies, that I never had on Friday
    D- I am considering doing my own take on this recipe, using the veggies I have on-hand: http://hotpotmeal.blogspot.com/2012/07/tortilla-noodles.html#.UAMUf_Vyvb5. Alternately, I have a fresh batch of beet burgers, some homemade tabbouleh and plenty of fresh watermelon.
    S- I am steaming brown rice and cardamom, so I can make some sort of rice pudding.

17. schmencer

schmencer banana hater

18. Freesia

Freesia not my business.

green soup, tapanade, hummus and crackers.

green soup contains brocoli, broad beans, leeks, lots of fresh coriander, cumin, stock and ginger/garlic. And some coconut milk. and a cup of cooked red lentils.

19. mlp

mlp Guest

Toast *buttered* with coconut oil, and coffee.

Fried tofu, dirty rice, a very large salad.

Lots of water, flavored with lemon juice, throughout the day. More coffee and tea.

Some almonds.

Non gelatin gels with fruit.

20. GingerFoxx

B- I steamed a batch of brown rice with cardamom last night for rice pudding, so I used some of the leftover rice to make my hot cereal this morning
    S- A homemade muffin and some watermelon
    L- Homemade tabbouleh with crumbled beet burger
    D- Not sure yet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice