1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by thefadedone, Oct 11, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

Also, is anyone else getting sick of Daryl? He's a well-written character but all he does is mess everything up, constantly. And he's become totally comfortable with killing innocent people for essentially no reason.

Carol is similarly brutal and brooding but way more compelling to me personally, because she still has empathy despite closing herself off.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Not really, I think it was also pretty clear in the comic that they were greatly out numbered. You had groups to deal with at, at least three different outposts like the show depicted... It was pretty stressed that the odds were really against them in terms of having the numbers to fight and win, and of course Dwight plays a big role in making it work in being a mole.

I wonder if they're going to do the thing with the zombie guts laced/poisoned crossbow bolts... Hmmm... I'm also going to predict that they won't be drawing AOW out to the season finale.. I think Negan may be defeat by episode 14 or 15 and I'll tell you why.. Maria Bello has been cast to play a major character from the comic set to appear before the season is over... Despite her obviously being older, Maria Bello seems like a Magna to me especially considering it would be too early for Alpha :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Daryl needs to die... Head on a pike in Season 9? :dance:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

They would never, a solid half of their fanbase would disappear.

The throwaway line where that Savior grunt tells Ezekiel that Negan wants his head on a pike was evil as hell. Don't do that to me!!

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I don't know about that... The cult of Daryl seems to have really died down a lot... I hardly ever see anyone gushing over Daryl anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2017
  6. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

Nice if true.

Nothing against Reedus, just... it got old pretty quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

I decided, this evening, to rent season one. I'm not sure how many (not many) seasons I made it through long ago (that's why I don't check in on this thread), but I figured, why the hell not start from the first.... which was the best. Then AMC started doing stupid sh*t....

Jer & his buddy were total die-hard fans (as was I).... even they gave up on it. But now, I can FF through the unnecessary BS.... :p

Yeah... diggin' it... again. :up:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Meh... The books are still better :D

9. MadamSarcastra

They always are. ;) But I'm into reading psychological thrillers & detective sh*t....

I'm very particular about what I read (on the couch, trying to sleep), not so much about what I watch when I drink. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

Walking Dead, of any show I've ever seen, has the most whiplash between extremely good quality and some of the dumbest writing imaginable. It's almost worth watching on those grounds alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MadamSarcastra

Halfway through season two... again. Thinking back last night, I know I made it through the prison birth/death, meeting Michonne, the Governor, etc....

Right now, they're still on Hershel's farm... not for long, though. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MadamSarcastra

Two's done. Renting season three tonight. Yeah, caught the first glimpse of (who will be) Michonne... Andrea's hide gets saved with a sudden ssshinng! out of nowhere, & there stood a mysterious cloaked bad-ass with two chained zombies in tow.... I actually said out loud, "There's our girl!" LMAO

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MadamSarcastra

Never been a fan.... :no:

• Like Like x 1
  14. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

I liked Daryl when I had even worse taste in men than I do now (which is saying something), but once I got past the initial "this is a human being with muscles and I'm fifteen and there are six dozen different hormone cocktails sloshing around in my skull," I started to just get sick of him as a character. It's like he can do no wrong in the show's eyes even though he screws up constantly and keeps making the same dumbass decisions over and over again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

HA! I honestly think they're working up to finally killing him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

We can only hope! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MadamSarcastra

Season three's done... renting season four right after I leave here. Good riddance, Merle! :wave: And Andrea... later, b*tch! :wave:

Yeah, I had already seen all that the first time through.... never liked either of those characters. And I cannot stand the kid, Carl. LOL :dismay:

I'm trying to think if I saw any of four... I guess I'll find out tonight! :) I imagine ol' Gov-gov is gonna be a little peeved that his peeps are gone. :p

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

We have a situation... Too bad the TV show probably won't make it this far... Thanks, Gimple :rolleyes:

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Wow, I just realized... This year marks the 15th year of this story being told with no end in sight!

• Like Like x 3
  20. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

S08E08: How It's Gotta Be
    S08E09: Wait Did We Say Carl? Nah We Meant Daryl. Rick Was Hallucinating. Please Continue Watching The Show

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice