1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film The TV Room

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Amy SF, Jun 14, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Cult Leader Administrator

We've been watching Killing Eve. Watched the last episode tonight, which was a bit unsatisfactory.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

Interest In Shady Politicians Is Soaring. Can 'House Of Cards' Match It? NPR Choice page

Note: Spoilers abound for the upcoming and past seasons of House of Cards.

5. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

Watching season 3 of The Good Place the old fashioned way, one episode a week on TV. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. raggle

raggle Deity

Started the new season of Daredevil. Love it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I just wrapped up Season 5 of Endeavour. I can't wait for Season 6. In the meantime, I've finally got around to Midsomer Murders. I watched the pilot and the first episode of Season 1. I'm hooked. That one should keep me busy for a while. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

Season 2 of The Orville starts tonight on Fox. It’s like Star Trek but with more humor. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. raggle

raggle Deity

I found Bandersnatch quite frustrating & a bit confusing. Awesome idea though!

10. Indian Summer

I've been watching a 6 episode 'True Crime' show about a bloody murder case from end of the 90s in Norway.

And also a 6 episode show in the same genre about how the Swedish police authorities failed to put together a proper investigation of the murder of prime minister Palme (end of the 80s): first they wasted time and resources on fanciful hypotheses for a year and a half, then decided it must have been some lone lunatic (which is probable), but manufactured evidence etc so the case was thrown out by the court. Basically, the investigation was a failure from the very top to the very bottom.

11. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

Having heard about the series here on the forum, I tried to watch the first episode of that show, but could not make it through it. Somehow failed to captivate me...

12. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

Oh, and if anybody has the opportunity to watch "Bosch" on Amazon Prime, that is one series I would endorse.
    I really liked the original books by Michael Connelly and found they were well transferred.

Somehow funny if you can finally watch a TV series made on a book series you liked, and the only thing they changed is that the main protagonist is now a Desert Storm veteran instead of a Vietnam veteran. Time flies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I just started watching Chesapeake Shores. I like it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

I saw the trailer whilst I was in the US. It has all the ingredients to make it a nice series to watch ; beautiful scenery/homes, interesting and good looking characters all leading high profile lives. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I love family dramas. I’m on season two already. The area is definitely gorgeous. I think it was filmed in Vancouver. I’m particularly hooked on the premise of the “family” aspect...everyone living in close proximity to one another. It’s not without its drama/problems but I just love anything that deals with relationships. Probably why I love Gilmore Girls so much...and Parenthood.

• Like Like x 1
  16. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

Most of TV series and B films are filmed in BC, Canada.

I think that the family aspect does look inviting but IRL it can be complicated, when living within close proximity.;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

The first episode didn't thrill me either, and I almost quit watching. But, I had nothing else to watch, so I watched a few more episodes and it grew on me. :) Now I love it.

18. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I binge-watched Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. It was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to Season 2. I also can't wait for more Endeavour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Indian Summer

Just watched the first ever episode of Father Ted, which I'd apparently somehow not watched before. Really funny! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

I am a "cord cutter" and do not have cable TV. I did have Amazon Prime for a while and I watched one episode of "Bosch" before I had to let Prime expire. I had read several of the books as well and liked them quite a lot. Maybe I will get Prime back someday. There is a new "over the air" channel that I have been watching. It is called Start TV and is airing crime dramas (other than Law 'n Order). There is a series I have been enjoying called "The Division" that I had never seen before. It was on Lifetime 2001-2004. There are several very recognizable actors on it. Taraji P. Henson, Jon Hamm, Nancy McKeon, and Bonnie Bedelia. It is a cop show with all women cops... except Mr. Hamm. :D

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice