1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Psychology The Narcissist vs. Your Self-Esteem

Discussion in 'Social Sciences & Humanities' started by MadamSarcastra, Aug 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dedalus

Dedalus Mercurial and fleeting

:bd::bp::rp::broccoli::pumpkin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mischief

Mischief Addicted Poster

Men can be just as catty and gossipy as women; in fact, I've frequently found them to be even more so.

Actually, it's one of the reasons mixed groups of friends/co-workers/etc. are preferable - it seems to keep most people from unleashing their worst sides.

Variety (age, ethnicity, background, etc., as well as sex/gender) makes for better groups, IME. It's one of the reasons the mere thought of living in a "retirement community" has always sent shivers down my spine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra Over 3 years vegetarian, 6 months vegan....

OMFG, I need to get the hell out of here. Got into it (once again) with my NPD mother. :bang: It's a wonder I made it past childhood. Of course, I'm still very child-like, and not always in the good sense... dependent... which I guess is really quite common for folks in my situation.

I won't give details because it's just the same ol' stupid sh*t every time... doesn't matter what sparks it, it's always a case of her never EVER being wrong about ANYTHING.... constant denial, eternal dishonesty. And as always, I'M the rotten horrible one for pointing it out & daring to be utterly frustrated with an habitual liar. Some personality types just shouldn't have children. That's one reason why I never wanted any. If I didn't f*ck 'em up, the "grand-parenting" certainly would. :brood:

And me, now being of the brutally honest, no bullsh*t sort.... I can't f*cking stand it!!!! GRRRRR!!!! :mad: :bang: :mad:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  4. MadamSarcastra

ec7d7630b5b11b9dbb91855139045cfd.jpg
    SayYou.jpg photoalbum_467733988_user41461874-r8710073.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Freesia

Freesia not my business.

:hug: :smitten: I also have an "overbearing" mother but I cant really talk about her because then people think I am the bad guy... etc.. the less I say about it the better anyway... I am constrained financially so things are as they are right now.

Thinking of you, i hope you can find some way to get out of where you are and into somewhere better and safer.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. MadamSarcastra

Just a half-hour ago, I was driving here & relishing how freakishly GORGEOUS it is outside today.... and as soon as I walked into this house my mood plummeted. No one's spoken a word. Ahhh, bliss.... :brood:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Freesia

Freesia not my business.

Yep some people are like a big ball of toxic energy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Hopeful...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters