• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

The Dog Thread

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/cs-grooming-horrors-shop/?utm_source=fk-fk&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=cs-grooming-horrors-shop&origin=fk-fk_social_fb_link_cs-grooming-horrors-shop

Why is it that when I keep reading about these horror stories, they usually occur at a PetSmart?

Also, and I realize it's not practical for everyone, if I brought my dog to a groomer, I WOULD STAY THERE AND WATCH. I honestly wouldn't trust any groomer until I've seen them in action a few times, and not even then. Without laws or standards in place, I'd feel that I have to be super vigilant, all the time.
Mojo's only had one groomer, ever. Jerry feels he'd never be comfortable at another one. She used to run her biz out of a vet clinic, but now she has her own place. Jer said Mojo's got an appointment soon, couldn't get in any earlier... which means business must be good! I can see why... she's so nice! :)

silva

Addicted Poster
I can't imagine leaving a dog to be groomed anymore than dropping off a small child for a haircut!
Actually I would learn to do it myself unless I personally knew the person! I remember when my son was in maybe 6th grade I didn't watch and when I looked up he had a mullet :rolleyes:

Manatee

Not-So-Newbie
I can't imagine leaving a dog to be groomed anymore than dropping off a small child for a haircut!
Actually I would learn to do it myself unless I personally knew the person! I remember when my son was in maybe 6th grade I didn't watch and when I looked up he had a mullet :rolleyes:
I've been lurking for a while and had to login to say you're 100% right. Grooming is stressful, often cruel, and often unnecessary. I wouldn't even let a vet tech at the vet's office trim my dog's nails without me being in the room.