1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

The Dog Thread

Discussion in 'Animal Family & Friends' started by Muggle, Nov 5, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

We have a cat one and a rabbit one so I think we need a dog thread. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. TreeHugger

TreeHugger World Class Member

:smitten: Doggssssss!!!!!

This is my big headed baby dog Scooby, he's a rescue from RSPCA southridge center in Hertfordshire.

Scoob.jpg

He would like to add that he's not spoiled, it's just getting rather chilly now and a boy needs tucking up with his favourite teddy.

Okay, maybe he is spoiled.

• Like Like x 12
  3. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. TreeHugger

^ This story gives me goosbumps.

I keep meaning to watch the film made about it, but I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready. Have you seen it Shyvas?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

[​IMG]

That thing has just drooled all over my leg and socks. And then farted. It stinks in here now.

• Like Like x 8
  6. TreeHugger

Surely you can forgive a little bit of stinky-ness for a face that beautiful? <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. shyvas

Aroung 20 times TreeHugger ! I have recorded it on my Sky box and watch it from time to time. It is a real
    tear jerker but such a beautiful story about loyalty and unconditional love. I'm sure that you'd love the story.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. TreeHugger

^ OMG that just made me all teary. (jesus, I'm rather emotional today).

:sob:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

It's technically just take on the "faithful hound" legend that a local hotel owner (or something) in the 1800s decided to tweak and ascribe to Beddgelert in order to attract people there.

But I still love the story.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

I don't have any cute pictures to share, but dogs are amazing and I love them! I think I've been converted to a rabbit person but if I'm ever in a position where I'm working from home or otherwise know that I will be able to spend all day at home, I would like to adopt a dog. We were never allowed one as children because my mum (quite rightly) said that we would walk him lovingly for about two weeks then get bored, and she would be lumbered with him for the next 15 years. I think they are so enriching to a family and so adorable.

I love big dogs the most, they have that kind of awkward-gentle-giant thing going on. But I do have a special weakness for chocolate labs and blue staffs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alice-Bee

Alice-Bee Mad as A Hatter

I am definately a dog person.
    Ive been around dogs all my life. I grew up with 3 beautiful Golden Retrievers from being born. They were so kind and soft hearted.
    Then we had border terriers. Our last family dog passed away 3 years ago and we havent gotten any more. My sister did get a black lab earlier this year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

I can't imagine my life without dogs. I need them.

I was raised by Basset Hounds. I think it explains a lot about me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TreeHugger

Haha mums always know best!

Blue staffs are stunning.

The bigger and uglier the dog, the better for me though, I do have a soft spot for brutes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Muggle

Muggle Addicted Poster

Do you want a black staffie cross? He came in as a stray and he's looking for a home!

[​IMG]

Not a very good photo because when he first came in he was very nervous, and now he won't stay still long enough for us to take a photo of him. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. TreeHugger

Aww that trailer was beautiful! Thanks for posting.
    Definitely need to see this. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TreeHugger

Aww poor little sweetie pie!
    I wish I could, but there there's not enough space/money for another dog in my house :(

18. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

[​IMG]

Dogs and puppies are lovely (although I do prefer cats, sorry!) but I do hope to adopt more dogs in the future. :) They are so interactive and loving and I still browse the rescue forums daily and there are a disgraceful amount of dogs needing homes.:mad:

• Like Like x 6
  19. shyvas

Yes, I have just watched it and started :sob:which is OK if you're alone.
    During my holidays in LA, I watched it with my cousin and husband and was trying to fight back the tears.:(

20. shyvas

:yes::sob:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice