• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

The Democrats USA (2018 - 2020)

Mischief

Stranger in a strange land
Bloomberg's argument is probably that the democrats (depending on who wins) are too far to the left to win majority support, but that argument doesn't seem to be backed up by the current polling numbers. Warren or Sanders please, they can beat Trump.

I don't think we need anyone new. In fact we need some of the candidates that are consistently stuck at the bottom of the polls with 2%-3% to bow out and thin the field.
Add to that, Biden has strong support among African Americans, which Bloomberg doesn't have and won't get.

The Democrat with the strongest support among African Americans will win the nomination.

Jamie in Chile

World Class Member
Is it me or is Hillary Clinton making a calculated effort to say the kind of comments that keep her in the news all the time? It looks strategic, just coming out periodically on slowish news days with insubstantial but headline worthy clickbait but not quite controversial enough to damage her.

blues

World Class Member
Is it me or is Hillary Clinton making a calculated effort to say the kind of comments that keep her in the news all the time? It looks strategic, just coming out periodically on slowish news days with insubstantial but headline worthy clickbait but not quite controversial enough to damage her.

She might be trying the do they want me ploy

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
I just see it as very unlikely that she'll run. She would have to provide a convincing reason why she could beat Trump this time, and what she would do differently that would materially change the dynamics from 2016.

If all she could do is point to Trump's low overall favorability rating, most people won't be convinced.

It wouldn't surprise me if her candidacy would energize and mobilize Conservatives.

She might be trying the do they want me ploy

Indian Summer

Cult Leader
Administrator
Wasn't there a deadline that just passed that will make it difficult for new candidates to enter the race at this point? I believe Bloomberg snuck in at the last minute?

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
I just see it as very unlikely that she'll run. She would have to provide a convincing reason why she could beat Trump this time, and what she would do differently that would materially change the dynamics from 2016.

If all she could do is point to Trump's low overall favorability rating, most people won't be convinced.

It wouldn't surprise me if her candidacy would energize and mobilize Conservatives.
Déjà vu ?:rolleyes:

blues

World Class Member
Wasn't there a deadline that just passed that will make it difficult for new candidates to enter the race at this point? I believe Bloomberg snuck in at the last minute?
I don’t know 🤔 when the deadline is but here is another that “might” put his name forward

blues

World Class Member
Well, this could be interesting if his name goes forward

Well I see he has chucked his hat into the ring