• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

The coffee thread

silva

Addicted Poster
I'm pretty happy to be able to grind my own beans! Aldi has three different whole bean, fair trade coffees and one I loved, one I really disliked. I think I liked Peru- they also have Guatamala and Honduras. I kinda feel like I'm wrong though :???:
Anyone know a water processed decaf? Is it uncommon?

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
It was fascinating, though. And it made me feel like I’ve been drinking bad coffee all this time, lol. I love the descriptive words they use and I think I’m only really familiar with the basic, smooth, burnt and bitter.

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
It was fascinating, though. And it made me feel like I’ve been drinking bad coffee all this time, lol. I love the descriptive words they use and I think I’m only really familiar with the basic, smooth, burnt and bitter.
Same here. You can tell that it is written by an expert.

I have never had a good cup of coffee at anyone's home. I have had a decent one in certain cafés but the one of the best cups is at home because I make it to my taste. Italian coffee is really good - strong espresso which is not bitter but has a smooth
deep taste and is slightly sweet.

I only like espresso or French press (Bodum style) and it has to have milk/cream plus sweetener. I absolutely loathe weak or bitter coffee. I don't like the Seattle roast as it tastes burnt and not roasted.

I always buy coffee from central America or when possible Hawaii. We don't get Blue Mountain coffee over here which is one of my favourites.

Last edited:

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
Coffee from Central America is both acid and fruity. How coffee is roasted is also very important as over roasting means bitter coffee.

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
From the article: “Is the coffee sweet like caramel or maple syrup? You'll find this is often true of Colombian coffee.“

Columbian used to be my favorite before I started getting into the darker roasts. The Columbian I’ve had are usually medium roasts. I can still enjoy it if I make it extra strong.

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
From the article: “Is the coffee sweet like caramel or maple syrup? You'll find this is often true of Colombian coffee.“

Columbian used to be my favorite before I started getting into the darker roasts. The Columbian I’ve had are usually medium roasts. I can still enjoy it if I make it extra strong.
I find Colombian to be good quality but doesn't have that fruity, dense and nutty flavour that I like.

Last edited: