1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by beancounter, Jun 3, 2012.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jinendra Singh

Jinendra Singh Star Member

haha great dude

2. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

• Like Like x 2
  3. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

Well, I try to get beer that's not American-style swill (i.e. Bud, Miller, Busch, Coors)... yuck. :yuck: When I went veg, I started drinking Heineken... I loved that they openly divulged their ingredient list (only three ingredients, non-GMO, no high-fructose corn syrup, etc.)... that was my go-to for a couple years, I think. :rolleyes:

Really got into Founder's All Day IPA fairly recently (made here in Michigan!).... I enjoy drinking a few beers, not just one or two, so a low ABV (Alcohol by volume - Wikipedia) is desired... this one has a 4.7% ABV.

Just last week I discovered a new favorite... Golden Road Wolf Pup (session IPA), which has only a 4.5% ABV... very refreshing but still hoppy! :) Unfortunately, I've only seen it in one store so far, and the only thing available was a 15-pack....

I've always been a fan of Guinness ---- I can feel @Jeremy rolling his eyes :p ---- They've just recently gone vegan, though, so I didn't have any for a very long time. That and Heineken are both a 5% ABV.

I try to stick with tasty but affordable beer. And I'm really enjoying those refreshing, low-alcohol IPAs during the warm weather. :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

Since I am an ABC Fine Wine & Spirits loyalty member, I got a $10 coupon for my birthday which is this month. So we went shopping for some beer. And this is what we got:

20180704_125941.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Wow! What a trophy!:yes::pa:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

The Lagunitas DayTime session IPA is pretty good! Madam, need to give it a try :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

Looking this up on Kroger's site now.... LOL :D Already checked ABV.... 4.65%, nice! :up:

• Like Like x 2
  8. MadamSarcastra

Damn! Not at Kroger.... :pout: I guess I'll have to pay extra at a party store. :p

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I tend to really like Lagunitas for West Coast style IPA... They opened up a second brewery in Chicago back two or three years ago.. And their bombers can be CHEAP!

• Like Like x 3
  10. MadamSarcastra

It seems (around here) I'd be able to get practically every Lagunitas brew except the Daytime IPA.... :rolleyes: Figures. LOL :dismay:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

I remember, my ex husband brought the original Asahi beer when he returned from the tour across Japan. It was superb.:up: Speaking of japanese beers, i also love Kirin Ichiban beer, though i used to drink a locally brewed Kirin. It tastes like a flower bouquet.:sheep:

• Like Like x 4
  12. MadamSarcastra

Do ya ever come across that one odd beer every once in a blue moon (not that beer) that has 2 or 3 times the carbonation of the others? :wtf:

**belch** Damn.... WTF, indeed. It's all fizz. :shrug:

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Ohh you have no idea... Try corked bottle conditioned beers (beers that have fermented/carbonated in the bottles).. I've had bottles with so much carbonation that as I pulled the cork out it slipped through my fingers and the cork comes out like a ****ing missile, and hitting the ceiling hard enough to make a dent. Or worse, the corks fly AND half of the bottle erupts out like a ****ing volcano!

Also, if it's not a bottle conditioned beer, over carbonation could mean that the beer in infected... But if it were infected you would also know by taste, it would become tart/sour.

14. MadamSarcastra

Once I got rid of some foam (did the volcano thing for a few minutes), I tasted it again.... not sour or tart, just not... right. :no: LOL

15. MadamSarcastra

Just now noticed the kitty loungin' in front of the beer.... :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

Our beer pix are often photo bombed by the cats! I have several pictures with beer and a cat! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

I don’t know if I mentioned this, but they held a beer tasting event here last October. Since I rarely drink beer, I’m not used to the taste of it. I found that I disliked the taste of most of the beers they gave us; either too sweet or too sour. I didn’t like the “alcoholic soda” sensation of most of them. The only one I liked was the Guinness. Once I got past the bitterness, I liked the earthy, oaky flavor. I think if I drank beer more often, that’s the type of beer I’d go for. I believe they’re going to have another beer tasting this fall as well. I’m hoping for another go at a Guinness. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

I like the darker beers the best myself though I have developed a taste for the fruity IPA's. You would probably like some porters and stouts. There are many to choose from as well as Guinness which is very "light" for us! :D I hope you do get another chance to sample more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

The ironic thing was, most of the others who did the beer tasting preferred the other varieties. Only the activities director and I liked the Guinness. :p

• Like Like x 4
  20. MadamSarcastra

Looking up session beers that I might be able to find easily.... I'm already going to Kroger & I notice they have Iron Line Trolley Stop.

I'm intrigued by this 2.7% ABV beer, too... just don't know who carries it.... :???:

upload_2018-7-21_17-25-54.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice