1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by beancounter, Jun 3, 2012.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Personally for a beer cheese I'd go an IPA... Something sharp, maybe a DIPA...

2. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

Well! Pardon me all over the place.... :p

3. MadamSarcastra

I was thinking about that since I've already got a couple Founders in the fridge... I just thought it would be too much citrus.... :???:

4. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Eeeeh...:sigh: It has reminded me how much i miss my booze:ooal:.
    Now i can't drink at all due to my condition... It is still too hard for me being a total abstinent. :eek:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. MadamSarcastra

Oh, no!! :argh:I can't imagine a worse fate, frankly.... LOL :dismay: But seriously, that's lousy. :hug: Have you considered reefer? :weird:

6. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Well, i couldn't imagine it either. :sigh: But at least it makes my cerebellar ataxia progress. And being unable to walk and to minister to myself means an unavoidable death to me.
    And what is reefer? :???:Is that some kind of a sigarette with marijuana?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

Just another name for marijuana.... Is it legal where you are? At least medicinally?

(Sorry, I know it's the beer thread. LOL)

8. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Alas, it's illegal here. But i won't suffer of living without weed because i haven't ever smoked anything. But booze is completely different. I admit, i used to be a real drunkard sometimes, because i have a strong depression since 16 yrs old, and booze was the only way to silence the constant pain. :tinfoilhat:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. MadamSarcastra

I hear ya.... Nothing like a depressant to ease that depression! LOL :rolleyes: It's anxiety for me now.... beer make happy. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

Yay beer! :innocent: Have an amazing evening\night, whatever, my dear :kiss:.

11. MadamSarcastra

You, too, hon! :hug: I'm home for the evening where I'll be roasting cauliflower, drinking beer, and improvising some sort of vegan pub cheese. LOL

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

We have a lot of chef ran food trucks around here is why I say that... A lot of beer cheese on the menus... Almost always either a pale ale or an IPA used for the beer cheeses :)

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. MadamSarcastra

I'm jealous of all these food trucks you guys have.... :pout: LOL

But I've decided to use some stout and some IPA.... If that seems weird to anyone, keep in mind, so am I. :weird:

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Not judging... But, wouldn't you much rather make stew, or chili with your stout? :D Okay, maybe I am judging lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. MadamSarcastra

I wanted vegan cheese dip! :p And I wanted it to be different from the usual roasted cauliflower-cheese sauce I've been making (for a spread or mac-n-cheese). I'm afraid I'll never outgrow my affinity for snacky appetizer-type stuff, hand-held sammiches/wraps, and finger foods.... :rolleyes:

If I made stew or chili, I'd have to dip something in it. :yes: Plus, we're creepin' up on summer... not gonna be craving soups/stews for a while.

But I only paid a little over $3 for a Guinness tall-boy, drank half of it (I think it's been 3 years!), already had the IPA, drank some of that.... Anyhoo, I tasted the "cheese" periodically while heating/thickening (yum!)... it's been cooling in a separate dish on a rack & it smells sooo beer-cheesy! :D LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. silva

silva Addicted Poster

Would you say Guiness stout is a heavy beer? Not too bitter, but flavorful?
    I always stare at all the different types, then go home and wish I had some beer!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

It depends on what your palate is used to to be honest. From my (and Chryssie's) perspective Guinness is a light stout that is kind of bland tasting. But that is because we are used to drinking beers that are a lot heavier and boozier than Guinness. I'd go somewhere that lets you create a mix and match six pack and experiment with what's out there. $15 or so and you have a nice little smorgasbord of beers to try.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Jinendra Singh

Jinendra Singh Star Member

try BIRA 91 is new and having awesome taste as like its appearance

• Like Like x 1
  19. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I've been trying gluten free and vegan beers as the football is on at the moment and I associate beer with football!:D

I bought a case of the Bellfield Brewery: Lawless Village IPA which is made in Scotland. I first didn't like it, but I found it okay once I got used to the taste. It is quite floral and reminds me of rose/ Turkish Delight.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I can see that being the case... That's a style that your palate has to adapt to... At first you're like "Okay, I don't know about this.. It's really bitter, floral, piney, etc... I don't think I like it" but then your palate gets used to it and you go from that to really really liking it. Or at least that was how I was when I first got into IPA's.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice