• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu ?

GingerFoxx

No effin' whey!
This weekend we are making the Indian sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry I mentioned a few posts back. It's very simple, flavorful and filling, plus it requires minimal cookware.

silva

Addicted Poster
Oh wow that looks good!
I used no boil lasagna noodles from Aldi (not sure if they're a regular or not) but any pasta that's a wider type, like campanelle, or bow tie, or if you can find the kind that look like doll sized lasagna noodles, will work. I can't find those anywhere anymore!
As long as the liquid covers the noodles and you stir (before adding the chopped tomatoes) it comes out great. Tomorrow I may add a small jar of pizza sauce if it's too dry.
I used onion, mushroom, peppers and zucchini

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
A caramelised onion Sainsbury's banger served with Jersey Royals plus a sprinkle of sea salt and olive oil and a corn/tomato salad with vinaigrette.
Apricots.

GingerFoxx

No effin' whey!
This weekend we are going to have homemade veggie burgers and tater tots. I am also considering using some of the burger mixture to make meatballs, for other meal options.

silva

Addicted Poster
Warning about the new Beyond Burger- it's soooooo much like what I would think a hamburger is like! I just had one a week or so ago of the original- that smell reminded me of canned dog food. Another store had a sale so I got another pack. It's clear that it's a new formula "more meaty", it had specks of fat, and smells quite different-although not like a beef burger! But the look and taste! Wow. I am quite familiar with my reaction to when I bit into meat by accident, and these definitely didn't trigger that, but it really seemed very realistic

silva

Addicted Poster
Oh, same store had the Beyond Meat ground. :yuck: :shrug::yuck::shrug:
Looks awful! In a sealed plastic just like meat comes in--but I have a high curiousity level, and do like the burgers.....
It's like I'm trying to pack in all the processed food before giving them up, but then I don't give them up :oops:

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
I'm meeting up with a friend for dinner at the plateau which is a 15 minute drive from my place.
We are going
to have a picnic so I've made a vegetable & quinoa salad plus some chickpea puree. Apricots & cavaillon melon for dessert. I
may also take a margarita in the ice box. We'll see.🍸

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
A Jersey Royal & cauliflower salad served warm with vinaigrette and sliced frankfurters.
Cavaillon melon.
A margarita.

Val

Extraterrestrial
A Jersey Royal & cauliflower salad served warm with vinaigrette and sliced frankfurters.
Cavaillon melon.
A margarita.
:lick: That's a funny coincidence, but this morning, i've had a cauliflower salad too (with yellow tomatoes and raw shredded beets). But the cauliflower was raw as well...