1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by shyvas, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. andre

andre Star Member

that sounds tasty, tonight Im having veggie salsa, with scoops

• Like Like x 2
  2. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Chik'n patty with spicy vegan mayo, roasted Brussels sprouts, spinach salad with Italian dressing, a slice of Italian bread with Earth Balance and a glass of red wine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. raggle

raggle Deity

Gnocchi in a creamy cheesy cashew sauce

• Like Like x 2
  4. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Almost the same as I had last night, but I swapped out the chik'n patty for grilled seitan and onions.

5. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

Same here. ;) I had ww spaghetti with a kind of bolognese made with seitan. It was delicious.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raggle

raggle Deity

Sweet potato & red lentil Dahl :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. shyvas

Warm cauliflower & potato salad with sliced seitan sausage, mustard vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
    A persimmon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I was so busy today preparing for my little party for tomorrow that I had no time for lunch, so I'm having my lunch for dinner: vegan sausage grinder with onions and mustard; potato chips; beer. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. silva

silva Addicted Poster

My favorite mushroom seitan Mushroom Seitan Roast | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen

And I made that stupid 'cheese' sauce recipe with the potatoes and carrots. I like it ok with some jalepanos and tomatoes, but as is it just tastes too much like carrots. My son likes it, he says it's as worthy of being called cheese as the knock off Velveeta things! Had that with broccoli

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  10. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Vegan shepherd's pie (seitan sausage, mashed potatoes and corn) with a spinach salad.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shyvas

Leftover seitan & sweet potato, Rogan Josh curry served with brown rice and sliced bananas.
    A persimmon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I will be having more vegan shepherd's pie and a spinach salad. The shepherd's pie turned out really well with the vegan sausage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Val

Val Extraterrestrial

I'm gonna be eating spinach dumplings, gurian-style cabbage, pickled yuba, pickled jalapeƱos, dried papaya and armenian churchkhele (churchhela).:lick:
    Maybe at midnight i'll have a plate of amaranth-veggie black soup. Kuraga is included.:D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. raggle

raggle Deity

Sweet potato & lentil dhal - it's one of our favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  15. shyvas

Leek & cauliflower soup with a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus a drizzle of olive oil.
    A persimmon.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Veggie chili with cornbread.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shyvas

Cream of leek & cauliflower soup with a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt, a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus a huge drizzle of olive oil.
    A sourdough ww toast topped with mashed avocados and a slice of plant based Cheddar.
    Alpro yogurt with apple puree.

• Like Like x 1
  18. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I went all out this Lebanese stuffed cabbage recipe. First time for stuffing cabbages!
    Lebanese Cabbage Rolls - Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
    The filling was much like Dolmas- although I didn't use pine nuts. Too much broth, even though I used half of what it called for it was more than needed. I used the Instant Pot (where are your IP's?)
    Anyway, I had more filling because I had a small cabbage, so I poured the broth over the beans, brown rice, lemon, za'tar and mint and found the perfect soup! So very good

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice