1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by MadamSarcastra, Sep 24, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

I sat downstairs for two episodes last night. Not as instantly gripping as first season... and I really hate sitting for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.

I was done after two, went upstairs... not sure how long I'll wait to continue.....

2. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

So, a couple of things. I totally missed that the entire season 2 would be available and I love that. I much prefer binge watching to watching a weekly episode.

Two, I don't know which show I was thinking of, because the season finale I had in my head is so totally not of Stranger Things, haha. So that's why the season opener didn't make sense, lol. It was a good idea to rewatch the last two episodes of the first season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chryssie

Chryssie Internet Junkie

Just watched the first episode of the new season. I love this show!

4. KLS52

I think I'm on episode five...i lost track. They better not piss me off lol.

5. KLS52

I love Dustin so much. I mean love love love that kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MadamSarcastra

He's my fave, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KLS52

Episode six, baby...so frikken good!

8. KLS52

All done! Awesome. I think I liked it better than the first season.

9. KLS52

I think you'll be happier as the episodes progress.

10. MadamSarcastra

Oh, I know. I'm just not in any hurry to see things anymore. I'm more comfortable in my fortress of solitude (Jer's spare room) which doesn't have cable, internet, Roku, Netflix, or anything else but a flat TV & a DVD player.... but I don't sit down up there. LOL

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I watched the first two episodes and I was pretty underwhelmed. I couldn't really remember the whole storyline of series 1 so I watched a recap beforehand. I watched the film IT the other week and I didn't realise how similar it was to Stranger Things.

I will watch the rest of the series, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.

12. KLS52

It will (should) get better, but hey, we all like different stuff and that's not a bad thing. :)

13. plant_happy89

plant_happy89 Well Known Member

So what did you think?! I’m trying to portion out the episodes...slow torture.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. KLS52

Nooooo...binge watching is the only way to do it. Doooooo iiiiiiiiit, haha. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

It probably would have been a lot better if I hadn't just seen IT at the cinema. I kept expecting Pennywise to pop in. It's even more confusing to me as one of the kids is in both the TV show and the film.

Things Stranger Things Stole From Stephen King's IT

16. MadamSarcastra

"Beep-beep, Richie." ;) The same role played by Seth Green in the original! :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. MadamSarcastra

Oh, and ST is an homage to all sorts of 80s awesomeness... IT, Stand By Me, E.T. Goonies.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jamie in Chile

Jamie in Chile Veteran Member

Watched Episode 1 of Series 1 with my daughter last year. She was 10 then, now 11. I was hoping it could be something we could watch together. However after one episode she wasn't keen to carry on, she isn't mad keen with spooky stuff. However she told me today her friends at school have told her it's very good, so maybe she'll have a rethink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I thought it got a lot better from episode 7 onwards.

:eek:I had no idea.:)

20. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice