World Class Member
As always, more pictures and backstory are on my blog: http://www.marystestkitchen.com/simple-vegan-cream-of-leek-soup/
- 2 cups chopped leeks, whites and light green parts only
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth, cold or room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- lime juice
- basil chiffonade to garnish
- Heat oil on medium heat in your soup pot.
- Add garlic, leeks and a generous pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until leeks are very tender. About 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked leeks to a blender, add the veggie broth and flour.
- Blend until smooth or desired consistency.
- Pour back into the pot and heat until bubbling, stirring constantly. About 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool before serving.
- Optionally, add a squeeze of lime juice to each bowl and garnish with basil chiffonade.