1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Philosophy Should Batman kill the Joker?

Discussion in 'Social Sciences & Humanities' started by Indian Summer, Jan 25, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Administrator Owner

Think about it: The Joker is criminally insane. He's killed before, and he will kill again. If he gets locked up in Arkham, he'll eventually escape again. So killing him will save lives.

In fact, would refraining from killing him when the opportunity arises be an ethically blameworthy act of omission?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. beancounter

beancounter The Fire That Burns Within Forum Moderator

The Joker is his arch nemesis. Killing him would really throw a wrench in the Batman universe.

Besides he needs an enemy he can't defeat to bring purpose to his life.:p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

I voted yes because the Joker isn't the only villain running around in the Batman universe. He'd still have a purpose in life. One less villain in his life will make him breathe a little easier.

4. Jamie in Chile

Jamie in Chile Famous Member

Yes, he should kill the joker. I think in one of the Nolan movies doesn't he go a step further and save him from falling off the building.

5. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Administrator Owner

But how can we be sure that the Joker is going to continue killing people? Isn't there a small chance that with the right treatment he will regain his sanity and regret his crimes?

6. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I voted yes just because, haha.

7. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Custom Title

Batman's psychology is a mess. He totally should kill the Joker, but he never will, to the benefit of everyone who likes to read/watch/consume Batman material in any way.

8. Puffin Zero

Puffin Zero Star Member

No it violates batmans code of ethics and how he separates his self from criminals. The better question is why in the heck hasn't blackgate or arkham asylum executed him yet? Like do they seriously think he'll be cured, or just one day decide to stop a life of crime? I love the joker but he as penguin said "this is one sick puppy that needs putting down." in reference to the clown.