1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Pret a Manger: Should we open a vegetarian-only store?

Discussion in 'The Vegetarian Forum' started by Indian Summer, Aug 6, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I tried a different Pret today and it was miles better. I got an avocado and olive tapenade baguette and I got a new vegan sandwich with curried chickpeas and mango chutney.

I saw that they had a mango chia pot that was vegan, but it looked a bit weird!

I went to look in M&S food and they had a couple of salad bowl things that were vegan, but no sandwiches that I could see.

This will be my new hobby, going round stores checking for vegan food.:blush:

2. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

^ Oh yes, I made the point about not finding any decent vegan food in M&S before on here.

That is funny as I remember that day as I gave my Pret chickpea sandwich to a homeless man because I felt sorry for him as he had a dog with him, God, I'm such a saint, lol!

• Like Like x 1
  3. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

It seems like things have changed since the last year. All the shops are stocking more and more vegan options.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  4. Frederic Lavender

Frederic Lavender Well Known Member

We have many Pret's in the UK and all the ones I have been into in London, all have lots of veggie and a few vegan options. I would love to see more vegan options!

5. shyvas

How about starting a petition ?
    When food chains offer vegan options for sandwiches and salads, it would be nice to see more tempah, tofu, seitan and pulse fillings/ingredients rather than just plain vegetables.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frederic Lavender

Frederic Lavender Well Known Member

Hey I'd be up for a petition. I'm kinda new to this so if anyone knows how to go about doing it, then I'd happy to sign!

7. shyvas

I'm not too sure whether you can start one on the Care2 site due to the limited categories available. You would have to do a bit of research :

Start a Petition, Create Change Now

8. shyvas

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice