1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

New vegans in the family!

Discussion in 'The Vegan Forum' started by Skylark, Aug 6, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Skylark

Skylark VHS Upcycler

I just have to celebrate this with people who will get it! My SIL and her kids (7 and 1 1/2) are now vegans! Six years of making them delicious vegan food and conversing about the planet and animals and everything else have paid off! Ultimately their deciding moment wasn't with a forkful of quinoa curry in their mouths but when loving on calves at the county fair. That's when all the pieces fit, and they sobbed, and they decided not to look back. Arguably, the 1 1/2 year old doesn't get it yet, but he's growing well.

It makes me very happy to hear from my SIL that I laid a good nonjudgmental groundwork for them to think from. Since the baby was born, they've been struggling with allergy issues. Apparently I'm the only person in their lives to take as a creative challenge the allergies to soy, all nuts, bananas, wheat, dairy, eggs, and red meat. I think it's fun to come up with amazing food that fits all the limitations. My SIL knew the value of changing her diet for health, and now she knows the value of changing her diet for the benefit of all beings around her. PLUS the hardest thing for many to adjust to in the vegan transition is relinquishing dairy.... which she hasn't eaten in almost two years anyway.

*happy dance*

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

That's so fantastic!! :jump: Congrats to you & your vegan fam! And kudos to the peaceful, patient, yet persistent approach.... :up:

3. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this. It gives me hope!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice