1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

New vegan cheese - Violife

Discussion in 'The Vegan Forum' started by Indian Summer, Oct 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

Violife and Free From are by far the best vegan cheeses that I have ever tasted. However, I haven't tried their cream cheeses.

I had a very unpleasant experience with some Go Veggie garlic & chive cream cheese. It tasted sour so I had to return it.

2. Pirate

Pirate Addicted Poster

Purezza (Vegan pizza restaurant in brighton) uses Violife as their cheese. I'm not usually big on vegan cheese (or dairy cheese tbf) but I enjoyed it. I even had a stuffed crust!!

Damnit now I want to go back to Purezza.

3. shyvas

It's my favourite vegan cheese and I use it quite often. It melts beautifully and tasted fabulous. IMO it tastes much better than Daiya.

4. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Is it available only in the U.K.? I would so love to try it.

5. shyvas

It is made in Greece and it is also available on line. However, I don't know whether the companies ship to the US.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. shyvas

Home - Violife foods, vegan cheese dairy free

The link reminds me that I purchased some Violife Parmesan and it is in the freezer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shyvas

The only vegan shop ( based in Paris and Lyons) in France ; Un Monde Vegan is now selling Violife.

I did call them a few months ago asking whether they would consider stocking this product.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

I really like their "smoky" flavor!

They are so far the only company I have found to make vegan cheese with smoked flavor, I was definitely missing that from my pre-vegan days...

9. shyvas

I bought some Violife cream cheese during my visit in the UK. I'm sad to say that I didn't like it as it tastes sweet due to the high coconut oil content. The texture is quite good even though it isn't creamy but more set like a jelly. I had it on some oat cakes and I had the impression that I was eating cheesecake.
    I didn't buy any Sainsbury's cream cheese so can't compare it. I will definitely be sticking to the firm Violife cheese which is excellent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I didn't like the Violife cream cheese either, I thought it was far too sweet.

The Violife hard cheese is lovely, I buy either the block or the slices almost every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. shyvas

Same here. I have tons of the firm and sliced Violife in the freezer. It really does makes the best pizza or bakes. It is far tastier and more stingy compared to Daiya. I will have to 'force' myself to eat the remaining cream cheese.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Veggietorials

Veggietorials Star Member

I'm still waiting for the Violife cheeses to be available near me. Best vegan slices I've tried.

• Like Like x 1
  13. raggle

raggle Deity

Oh no! The sainsburys garlic cream cheese is amazing! Put that on your shopping list for next time? :p

14. shyvas

I will. What is the plain one like ?

15. Indian Summer

Indian Summer One of a kind Administrator

I thought it was very nice! Although, I'm not so keen on the coconut oil (saturated fat) from a health perspective.

16. shyvas

It just goes to prove how peoples' tastes differ. I found that it was like eating dessert.;)

17. shyvas

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andy_T

I have finally bought their "Prosociano" vegan parmesan alternative and tried it out - awesome! Oh my, what has taken me so long?

Violife Prosociano - Violife foods, dairy free

Now I'm just sitting there with the block of cheese in one hand and a cheese slicer in the other, slicing off razor thin slices from the block and just eating them as a snack ... bliss!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. shyvas

It's the N° 1 best seller on the Un Monde Vegan site. The only drawback is that it is very expensive. I froze mine and have had it for months. I only grate it for pasta dishes.

20. Andy_T

Yes, it is definitely their foray into the price range of more "artisan" cheeses like Vegusto ... about twice the price of their other products.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice