• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

TV & Film Movie Lounge

Val

Extraterrestrial
This is disappointing about Aquaman. I had high hopes for that film. My nephew endorsed Venom as well. Must see that one. I will wait until $5 movie night at my local cinema to catch Aquaman.
Aha, i've watched an extended trailer of this Aquaman (duration is more than 7 minutes), and now i'm not sure i want to watch this movie.:p

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I watched "Skyscraper" which sucked! I got it from the library. I agree that "Gravity" wasn't all that great though it was highly praised. I rather enjoyed "Get Out" though it was weird. Also from the library. I have decided to started getting DVD's again from there. No money spent that way!

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Tonight I have watched the last DVD I got from the library. It was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which I had heard of but didn't know much about. There is a sequel now so I was curious. It was a very dark and disturbing mystery/thriller starring Daniel Craig and some chick I never heard of and Christopher Plummer. Evidently it is from a book and there is a series of books so they will make more movies.

Indian Summer

Cult Leader
Administrator
Tonight I have watched the last DVD I got from the library. It was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which I had heard of but didn't know much about. There is a sequel now so I was curious. It was a very dark and disturbing mystery/thriller starring Daniel Craig and some chick I never heard of and Christopher Plummer. Evidently it is from a book and there is a series of books so they will make more movies.
The original movies are Swedish (as are the books they're based on) - I think I've watched all of them. Not sure it was exactly my cup of tea, but the novelty factor has some value, I suppose.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
This week I got more DVD's from the library. Since I really enjoyed Antman, I decided it was time to watch some Marvel movies. Learning about Stan Lee who recently died also made me curious. I have seen a couple of those movies but not very many. I got an Avengers movie thinking it was the first one, but it was the second one so now I have to look for the first one. I liked it. I also got Sully and it was interesting and informative. Tonight I watched Solo, the movie about Han Solo. I liked it quite a lot. I still have 2 Guardians of the Galaxy to watch before they are due on Tuesday. The movies do help pass the time and there are tons of them to see!

PTree15

Beach bum
This week I got more DVD's from the library. Since I really enjoyed Antman, I decided it was time to watch some Marvel movies. Learning about Stan Lee who recently died also made me curious. I have seen a couple of those movies but not very many. I got an Avengers movie thinking it was the first one, but it was the second one so now I have to look for the first one. I liked it. I also got Sully and it was interesting and informative. Tonight I watched Solo, the movie about Han Solo. I liked it quite a lot. I still have 2 Guardians of the Galaxy to watch before they are due on Tuesday. The movies do help pass the time and there are tons of them to see!
I love the Marvel movies! I still haven't gotten my new library card yet, hehe. I must do that.
RE: Guardians of the Galaxy, I heard a report on NPR yesterday that cassette sales (specifically the soundtrack to Guardians 2) spiked big time because of that movie. The songs crack me up. Lots of oldies. I still have cassettes, but I don't have anything to play them on anymore.

silva

Addicted Poster
Loved Guardians of the Galaxy! And Deadpool. Venom was so much fun! Those I actually went out to a theater for-with the nice reclining seats!
I still have a clock radio with a cassette deck, but I rarely play any because I'm scared of them breaking :rolleyes:. My Honda had a cassette player. I miss that car

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. What fun! I will watch the second one tomorrow. I read in Wikipedia that there is going to be a third but it is delayed because they fired Gunn. (the director) I have seen Deadpool, liked it a lot. There is a sequel to that one too I think. Haven't seen Venom. I don't have any cassettes anymore. I have most of my music on the computer though I do have a few CD's.

PTree15

Beach bum
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. What fun! I will watch the second one tomorrow. I read in Wikipedia that there is going to be a third but it is delayed because they fired Gunn. (the director) I have seen Deadpool, liked it a lot. There is a sequel to that one too I think. Haven't seen Venom. I don't have any cassettes anymore. I have most of my music on the computer though I do have a few CD's.
I haven't seen Deadpool yet, or Venom. Must see them.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I had to take Avengers Infinity War back without seeing it as the DVD was scratched. But they have it fixed for me to pick up within 3 days. Today I watched The Butler. It was really good!

PTree15

Beach bum
I had to take Avengers Infinity War back without seeing it as the DVD was scratched. But they have it fixed for me to pick up within 3 days. Today I watched The Butler. It was really good!
Bummer that it was scratched. Enjoy! I loved it.

I watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. I am hot and cold on some of the MI movies. When Tom Cruise is too much the focus, I find that I don't like the movie as much. When he's part of a good ensemble, I can take him better, hehe. This was a decent one, IMHO.

I'm really happy I got my library card finally. I will be there next week for more movies, hehe. We get to keep them for a week, which I think is pretty good.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies beyond the first one. It just didn't "grab me". DeLand library also lets you keep the DVD's a week and the books 3 weeks. I have been going every Tuesday!

PTree15

Beach bum
I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies beyond the first one. It just didn't "grab me". DeLand library also lets you keep the DVD's a week and the books 3 weeks. I have been going every Tuesday!
Same here for the books, except the new arrivals. I think we get them only a week because they are in such high demand.

I loved the first MI movie, but I loathed the second one because it focused too much on Tom Cruise. :D This last one was pretty good, though. I think there is another one that came out last year, so I might check that out.

I, too, am going to go weekly. My library has a ton of movies and the selection looks decent. I haven't started my book yet, but I have two weeks, so I should be able to finish it. I'm planning on starting it this weekend.

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
I have 3 pretty "big" books to read and 4 movies! I go a bit insane in a library!! I need to get started on one of those books! I was surprised at the number of DVD's the library has and some are fairly recent but those are hard to get. You can reserve them and get in the line!