1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film Movie Lounge

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Rosie, Jun 4, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I watched Back to the Future last night, I hadn't seen that film in years!

It was weird as I woke up this morning with a craving for a particular orange juice I got when I was on holiday in Spain when I was 9. I realised it must have been because that was in 1985. The film or the music must have triggered a memory.:dizzy:

Yeah, I think that was why they had the John Carpenter season on there.:D I had seen all the films they put on so they were all rewatches.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

Rented Unsane last night. :up: Psychological thriller, Soderbergh-style.... me likey! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I watched a British horror film called The Ritual (2017) last night. It was about a group of men who meet up to go on a trip to a forest in Sweden after the death of one of their friends. It started off quite well, but petered out after that. It wasn't really scary at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Happy Death Day. I read it was supposed to be like Scream crossed with Groundhog Day. I thought it was quite clever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Cult Leader Administrator

We watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Well, Jen fell asleep half-way through. It had violence and explosions for those who are into that sort of thing, but it also had vaguely funny dialogue, and a couple of silly characters. Another plus was that it had a green-skinned, hot-stuff lady in one of the leading roles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MadamSarcastra

Ah, so I gather you've always been a "green girl" fan...? ;)

[​IMG]

As far as GOTG goes... I liked it better the second time. But both flicks are still my least faves in the Marvel Avengers universe. And I just don't like the characters... none of them. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  7. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

8. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

WHAT? Not even Rocket Racoon? Or Groot’s clever lines? I am ... surprised.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Andy_T

Hi, we had the discussion about Studio Ghibli movies some time ago, and I have just come across this very good writeup:

Every Studio Ghibli Film, Ranked From Worst to Best

It's fun, because I have looked at a number of Studio Ghibli ranking lists, and they seem to typically agree on two things .... "Tales from Earthsea" is at the very bottom, and "Spirited Away" is typically consistently at the top of the list.

Anyway, all of these movies IMO are worth watching (well, have not watched "Tales from Earthsea"), and this list describes the different movies a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Cult Leader Administrator

Thank you, @Andy_T - much appreciated!

11. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

12. Amy SF

Amy SF Dweller in nature

We were shown the Pixar movie Coco over the weekend (Saturday night, and then again Sunday morning for those who missed the first screening), and I liked it a lot. I recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. veganforthewin

veganforthewin Well Known Member

I took some time off work recently which automatically = 24/7 on Netflix. I got completely addicted to the show Vikings and then finished Last Kingdom in a day, highly recommend both TV series (both are on Netflix). I've also seen a documentary called 'The True Cost' which uncovers the truth behind the fast fashion industry. I know that I'm probably the last person on Earth to see it so late but I really recommend it, makes you switch to organic fashion instantly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MadamSarcastra

15. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I'm watching the newest Sharknado film.

If loving these terrible films is wrong, then I don't want to be right.:p

I'm supposed to see the new Mission Impossible film this week. I really don't like Tom Cruise!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. MadamSarcastra

I detest Tom Cruise... but I like Mission Impossible stuff... so when I see the latest, I'll make sure it's a freebie. LOL :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Andy_T

I detest Tom Cruise, full stop :)
    Have been re-watching the Mission Impossible movies and found out that I do detest them, on top of Tom Cruise being the main actor (while I loved the original series)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy_T

Have you watched Passengers?
    Great movie if you do not mind Jennifer Lawrence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MadamSarcastra

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice