1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

TV & Film Movie Lounge

Discussion in 'Media & Entertainment' started by Rosie, Jun 4, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rosie

Rosie I don't know what to put here.

What have you watched recently?

2. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

As I said in the book thread I've been on a Hannibal Lecter kick so recently I've seen Hannibal, Hannibal Rising and Red Dragon. All great IMO, especially Red Dragon because it had the added delights of Edward Norton.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

Woman in Black. It was very odd to see Harry as a father, but overall the movie was surprisingly good.

4. Forster

Forster 3-7-77

Season finale of Game of Thrones

5. I Heart Corey Haim!!

I Heart Corey Haim!! Well Known Member

Dark Shadows the JD movie and the show....good stuff:)

peace, love and laughter:)

6. sallyomally

sallyomally Addicted Poster

Snow White and the Hunstman. Wicked good! Gorgeous cinematography (and Chris Hemsworth was not hard to look at. just sayin').

7. Lord Snot

Mr Snot and I watched most of The Brothers Grimm last night, it was pretty darn good!

I'm looking forward to seeing this when it's available for rent, from the trailer it looks like the kind of cinematography I love.

8. Digger

Digger Guest

I liked that one as well, though I don't think it got very good reviews when it came out. I'm a Terry Gilliam fan from way back. :p

9. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

I saw the play a few years ago and it was brilliant.

10. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

Really? It was a play? I would have never guessed that.

11. Lord Snot

I saw it as a play too. The Woman in Black appeared in the middle of the audience half way through, some of the people near me screamed :p

12. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

Lol holy crap that's awesome! I probably would've been one of them!:D

13. Digger

Digger Guest

I'm watching Mary Poppins tonight. I still tear up when she sings the song about the bird lady. :)

14. Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders Deity

Someone had told me about that bit so I was prepared but I still jumped.:)

15. Rosie

Rosie I don't know what to put here.

16. Capstan

Capstan Guest

The Winds of Kitty Hawk, about the Wright Bros.

17. IamJen

IamJen Veteran Member

Has anyone seen Prometheus? It's going to be awhile before IS and I get to the cinema, but maybe by the time it comes out on DVD, we'll be ready to watch a whole movie in one sitting without baby business or either of us falling asleep. :) I'd love to see me a good, new sci-fi flick.

18. Lord Snot

Just saw The Golden Compass. I was very underwhelmed, I felt it was really disjointed and if I hadn't read the book it wouldn't have made any sense. I didn't feel much chemistry or connection between the actors either, which was probably the fault of the script and the directors. The girl playing Lyra was great though.

19. raggle

raggle Deity

The Golden Compass was craptastic. I think it got a really bad response & therefore they cancelled the filming of the next films, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lord Snot

I wonder how involved Philip Pullman was with it? They pronounced a lot of the names differently than in the audiobook, which he narrated. It makes me think he wasn't consulted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice