• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Malk ... Non Dairy Milk

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
I did not because I didn’t want to spend $5.79 and then not like it. Plus there were too many options. They had Malk coffee drinks and the pecan milk...it was overwhelming. I wouldn’t buy the coffee one because of the caffeine but it sounded good. I might go for one of the mills another time. But sometimes I feel like I should just stick with my cashew milk since I like it so much and it’s so low in calories, considering the amount of times I actually consume milk.

M

Moll Flanders

I have heard of it but I don't think they do it over here. I always buy almond milk now. I used to drink soya.

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
It’s not that I”m doubting you, but usually anything with pea protein tastes absolutely vile to me. But I would give the milk a try because I usually have to try everything at least once. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
It’s not that I”m doubting you, but usually anything with pea protein tastes absolutely vile to me. But I would give the milk a try because I usually have to try everything at least once. :)
I've never tasted pea protein milk but do like it in various savoury protein based foods.

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
The halo non dairy ice cream has pea protein and it’s all you can taste. :yuck:

I’ve also had protein drinks with pea protein and they just aren’t palatable to me. I even tried the powdered pea protein and tried it in my own shakes with peanut butter and banana but it just doesn’t work for me. Different strokes and all. :)

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator

I’ve also had protein drinks with pea protein and they just aren’t palatable to me. I even tried the powdered pea protein and tried it in my own shakes with peanut butter and banana but it just doesn’t work for me. Different strokes and all. :)
Some protein shakes certainly do taste better than others.

silva

Addicted Poster
I like Ripple and Silk Nut Protein which is a combo cashew and pea protein.
But why is it called Malk? A take on milk? Sounds stupid and pecan milk sounds horrid :eek:
Man what a market now! Even Quaker oats joined the bandwagon with oat milk!
Wouldn't be surprised to see chia milk :rolleyes:

I've been seeing on serving 'overnight oats' selling for anywhere from $3. to I think $5.99 in little glass jars :weird:
You'd have to be stupid or rich enough to not care!

Tom

Addicted Poster
Maybe they should give up on trying for a "sweet" or "milky" taste and just go for something like a pea soup flavor. Hmmm... maybe a savory ice cream, complete with bits of Fakin' Bacon substitute?... I suppose it would be a good idea to warn consumers what it would taste like.