• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Lip sync ...whatcha fink about it

blues

World Class Member
Think its the biggest rip of out there for so called live concert performances .Cant see why so many tolerate it . I would have no problem if it was going to be pre advertised , as an (example) " Justin Bieber concert (lip sync) " .

Its one of the pluses of watching Jools holland , lip sync via voice or instrument is not allowed ...yuh get what you hear .

M

Moll Flanders

I thought you were talking about the show Lip Sync Battle, lol!

I like the show, but not when artists lip sync concerts, are they even allowed to do that?!o_O

Blobbenstein

maybe they don't even bother lip syncing.....who's going to look at their lips, unless their face is on a big TV at the concert?
Maybe they sing "blah blah blah" like I used to at school assemblies.

Pirate

Addicted Poster
I thought you were talking about the show Lip Sync Battle, lol!
I thought that too haha. I cannot understand why that's a show.

On the actual topic, Imagine paying £50 to watch someone mouth along to a CD... I'd feel ripped off. I can understand sometimes they have to mime though (ie back of a parade float). Sometimes it's the studio's fault not the bands - I've seen YouTube clips of bands like Nirvana and Muse protest against lip syncing by all swapping instruments and pissing around.

blues

World Class Member
I thought that too haha. I cannot understand why that's a show.

On the actual topic, Imagine paying £50 to watch someone mouth along to a CD... I'd feel ripped off. I can understand sometimes they have to mime though (ie back of a parade float). Sometimes it's the studio's fault not the bands - I've seen YouTube clips of bands like Nirvana and Muse protest against lip syncing by all swapping instruments and pissing around.
I watch a clip by Justin Bieber , and oh trust me i am not a fan of his , but those that did attend paid serious money to watch , like your example of 50 quid . Anyway he's acting real cool signing along playing a piano , some guy had a rush to the head about him rushed up on stage to give him a big hug a security guy came in and decked the guy with a rugby tackle and at the same time Bieber went flying of his chair he then ran of stage .The piano was up on a platform that tipped and went on its side .....and some how , Bieber and the piano carried on playing , by this time ,the crowd realized and were laughing . Real comedy central stuff :starshower:

I will look up the Nirvan clip