1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Kirobo Mini - your "synthetic baby companion"

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by robert99, Oct 3, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Toyota presents Kirobo Mini, a robot baby designed to tug at maternal instincts in ageing Japan
    “He wobbles a bit, and this is meant to emulate a seated baby, which hasn’t fully developed the skills to balance itself,” said Fuminori Kataoka, Kirobo Mini’s chief design engineer. “This vulnerability is meant to invoke an emotional connection.”

Toyota plans to sell Kirobo Mini, which blinks its eyes and speaks with a baby-like high-pitched voice, for 39,800 yen (US$392) in Japan next year. It also comes with a “cradle” that doubles as its baby seat designed to fit in car cup holders.

2. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

I guess if you have money to throw away and are lonely, and can't have a pet, it would work, but I didn't see anything cute about it at all. :no:

3. beancounter

beancounter The Fire That Burns Within

Yea, I agree. In order to "invoke maternal instincts", it's going to have to look a lot more human.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice