• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

June Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Whoo hoo! It's my first June in five years that I haven't spent in the hospital!!! :pickle:
That's so awesome :D

Beat my time again! Now at 5:58 per km. Each time I go out, I'm going a little further before I need to slow to a walk, and a little less time in between bursts of running :) I'll be really happy when I can do a mile without stopping.
Should've gone a bit easier - have given myself shin splints. No running for a while :(

PTree15

Beach bum
Awww, AF, hopefully you will heal soon. I did the spin bike today. My butt is not bike-ready, lol. It's already sore, so tomorrow I will do the treadmill again. :D

Scorpius

The Lizard Queen
Yeah, I'm pumped. I'm trying to set little goals for myself like: 'don't count calories' (something I struggle with daily), or 'don't weigh yourself'. I've been pretty good with not weighing myself. The counting calories is hard because I think some of my OCD starting to kick in :( and it usually always revolves around numbers. I just want to count everything and do everything X number of times!!!! UGH!! My real goal should be to eat more, but I'm not ready to tackle that one just yet.

E.T.A:: Another goal is I have is to do more fun things outside of my comfort zone!! At least once a week. Like: go see a movie, spend a day out shopping, etc. Doing things like that get me out of my ritualistic food behaviors and overall everyday behavioral ruts that I tend to fall into.

Last edited:

PTree15

Beach bum
I have been completely lazy today. I go into work a little later, and I really should have taken a walk or something, but I was all about toast and tea this morning. So this will be my day off for the week. :D

SuicideBlonde

Adorkable rockstar!
:hug:

I have been trying to add a bit of weights to my workouts. It has been a bit difficult for me to get back into my daily workout with no super early days anymore, but I am trying to get moving.

PTree15

Beach bum
I hear ya, SB. This is our busy week at work, so sometimes I work a later shift and find that I'm a bit less motivated to get going knowing that I have such a long workday ahead. But today it is really nice out, so I will take a nice walk after I have my toast and tea. It's too nice not to take advantage. :)

PTree15

Beach bum
I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. It felt really good. :)
I walked last night after work as well. I need to get back to climbing mode. I did 1,734 feet during my treadmill session, which is decent, but I want to get back to 2,000+, as I need to get my hiking legs back. That dang flu did me in for a few weeks.

PTree15

Beach bum
Another 45 minutes on the treadmill, but this time only 1,704 feet on the particular machine. I do a random hill session, so I guess this session was a bit wimpier than yesterday's! :D Still good, though. In a couple of weeks, I should be back to 2,000+ feet.

Scorpius

The Lizard Queen
Don't let it get you down and don't stop trying! :hug:
Ditto! Never give up, never surrender!
:hug:
(((Hugs))) You know how life is, two steps forward, one step back. Take a couple of forward steps next. If we met all of our goals, we would be setting the bar too low to start with. [emoji173] [emoji255]
I haven't given up yet. :) I'm very very aware that in reality, I will eventually have to take the first step and eat more to gain some weight. I can't keep going in the direction I've been going in, unless I want to end up in a locked inpatient facility (I don't!). I've been keeping an open mind about outpaitient treatment options versus getting so ill that I have no choice but to go an inpatient level of care.

Thanks for the support, guys and gals. <3

raggle

Deity
I haven't given up yet. :) I'm very very aware that in reality, I will eventually have to take the first step and eat more to gain some weight. I can't keep going in the direction I've been going in, unless I want to end up in a locked inpatient facility (I don't!). I've been keeping an open mind about outpaitient treatment options versus getting so ill that I have no choice but to go an inpatient level of care.

Thanks for the support, guys and gals. <3
You can do it!

raggle

Deity
Second run ever today. Improved my 5k time by 3mins. It's not enjoyable running in the rain though :/

Does anyone know of any good running tracking apps?

PTree15

Beach bum
I did a good amount of bike riding over the weekend. The weather was beautiful at the beach, so I took advantage. I took this morning off, as I had to drive two hours to work from Rhode Island. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.