1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Firewall Question

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Technology' started by Joe, Feb 20, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Joe

Joe Celebrity Member

Background: I somehow damaged my computer screen. It now has black lines on certain parts of the screen.

As I was using the computer the other day, I got a warning message from Norton saying that a firewall had been shut off, making the computer more vulnerable to viruses, etc. Unfortunately, the warning message appeared in an area where part of it was covered by a black line. So it said something about "Sm[unreadable] firewall."

Do you have any idea what this might be? How can I find out? I did not even know I had a firewall or firewall software on my computer.

2. blues

blues World Class Member

Don't know what it is joe, you could try to restore your computer to an earlier restore point

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra Over 1 year+ vegan, almost 4 years veg.

Yeah, do a system restore. I had to do one a couple days ago....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice