1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Software WWW Firefox 57

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Technology' started by Indian Summer, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Administrator Owner

I'm using this now, and it does feel like it's much improved!

More: Firefox 57: Good news? It's nippy. Bad news? It'll also trash your add-ons (10. November 2017)

2. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra 1½ years vegan, 4 years meat-free!

It updated on my PC a couple days ago, just out of the blue.... I haven't noticed any problems thus far. Firefox icon is different, browser set-up & tabs look different, but nothing through me for a loop, and things seem smoother & faster. So far so good! :)

3. carrotcake

carrotcake Well Known Member

It's quite different. I get the feeling that firefox is trying to be more like chrome, something they absolutely didn't need to do in my opinion.

4. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

I was not aware that Firefox was still around.

The last time I heard the name was when there was a re-run of the classic Clint Eastwood movie on the locel TV network ;-)

5. Indian Summer

Indian Summer Administrator Owner

I think the update was badly needed, and I don't think it's that different from before, except faster. If Firefox was to have any hope of competing with Chrome, it needed to be faster.

Firefox is now finally about to overtake Internet Explorer on the desktop market to become the 2nd most popular:
    Browser market share

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice