1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Egg replacer!

Discussion in 'The Vegan Forum' started by SummerRain, Nov 10, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SummerRain

SummerRain I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

I have finally got my hands on some egg replacer. I've only been vegan four years!

So what kind of things do you guys use it for? I'm trying to think of things I can't veganise currently, and wondering if this would work. One thing I was wondering is if it would work for Yorkshire puddings?

:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lord Snot

Lord Snot Parsley Provider

I haven't had any success with vegan Yorkshire puddings :(

I've only ever used it for baking, but baking soda and vinegar works just as well. I haven't bought any egg replacer in years. Sorry this was not a more helpful post :p

3. RabbitLuvr

RabbitLuvr I love rabbits.

I've been timid with egg replacer and have only used it in waffles and cupcakes. I currently have a block of garlic herb flavoured tofu that I intent on coating with fish fry coating, and I'm going to try dipping the tofu slices in egg replacer before dipping them in the coating to help it stick.

4. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I use it mostly for baking. It's great in breads and some cookies.

5. Wolfie

Wolfie World Class Member

I've used EnerG egg replacer for years and find it works in nearly all baked goods except boxed brownies. For some reason when I try that, the brownies don't firm up. I am left with liquid goo after baking. But it works great for cakes and cookies. Of course I don't make anything extremely fancy. It wouldn't work in angel food cake or egg white cookies of course.

I'm still trying to find a vegan version of angel food cake that actually tastes good. :(

6. SummerRain

SummerRain I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

:( Oh I guess I thought it would be lots better at being an egg than it is, it had a meringue on the front. Would that actually work? Although today I used it to dip falafel in before dipping in breadcrumbs and it worked much better than soyamilk does. Although I think maybe cornflour and water would do the same thing.

Ah well, it's actually much cheaper than I thought it would be, £2.39 for 66 egg-equivalents. I still sort of feel like I'm cheating using it in baking though, I guess it doesn't feel right to be using ingredients that aren't... whole ingredients!

7. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I saw a video where a guy made meringue with EnerG. It was amazing. I keep saying I want to try it because I miss lemon meringue pie but have yet to do so.

8. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

That is interesting. I wonder how he managed to do it ?:(

9. thefadedone

thefadedone Needs a life

10. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra ONE YEAR VEGAN! YAY!! =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice