1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Question Curious about Fruitarian diet

Discussion in 'Ask Us a Question!' started by Rob206, Jul 21, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rob206

Rob206 Not-So-Newbie

Hey everyone , I just joined the forum.
    I've been considering a switch to a non meat lifestyle for years and haven't made it very far. The last year what I would consider a fast food addiction has gotten out of control. Liver enzymes are high and I was diagnosed with a fatty liver . My question is what is everyone's opinion on a fruitarian lifestyle. I've heard it could be dangerous, but I've really been considering it. I love fruit, but also love vegetables, grains and oats.
    I don't like milk or eggs. And I prefer veggies raw. Any suggestions on a book would be great too. I don't want to eat all fruit if it's dangerous.
    Thanks Rob

2. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I can't speak of fruitarian or any kind of raw diet, other than to really get them right! Like talk to a registared dietician right (not nutritionalist).
    I do suggest doing this first. You can incorporate raw for vegetables-

https://veganuary.com/starter-kit/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist/
    I have the daily app on my phone to remind me. This is just the base of a days diet, you eat more food, but this selection gets your nutrition profile right very easily

3. Peter

Peter Famous Member

I agree with Silva, Greger's book (How not to Die) is an excellent place to start. At the moment I am eating almost entirely raw. Muesli with nuts, seeds, berries and fruit. Enormous salads with beans. I'm travelling quite a lot now and a raw diet can be quickly picked up at any supermarket. I don't find it boring and life is easier if you don't have to cook and don't need to look for vegan restaurants. I like good tea and coffee and one glass of wine at night.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice