1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Crochet

Discussion in 'Arts & Crafts' started by Mel, Dec 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mel

Mel Coffee, black!

There already is a knitting thread, and I do know how to knit somewhat, but my true yarn love is with the crochet hook.

I started to learn almost a year ago and crocheted constantly until the summer. By then, it was way too hot, in my opinion to keep doing it, so a lot of my projects got put on hold. I have started again, and I'm loving it.

Does anyone else here crochet?

I find it a lot easier to learn than knitting, and this is the guy that taught me in the beginning. I still watch some of his videos for techniques, but I prefer a written pattern.

This is the first of 24 lessons: (I'm pretty sure I only got through less than 10 or so of the beginner videos since I seem to have caught on quickly)

• Like Like x 1
  2. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I'm the opposite, sorry. I tried to learn how to crochet a few times but could never get the hang of it. :( I find knitting easier.

3. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

I used to love to crochet, filet crocheting was my favorite. I never could knit, it always ended up in a tight curl. I miss doing it, but my hands began cramping up after just a few minutes, so I had to stop.

4. Scorpius

Scorpius The Lizard Queen

I should watch some of those videos, Mel. I've been trying to teach myself crochet on and off for a while now, but I always give up and retreat back to knitting. Its easier to stick with something you're good at, the way I see it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I should watch, too. It's funny, because crocheting looks easier!

6. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

I've crocheted a lot longer than I've knitted, but during the past decade or two, I've enjoyed knitting a lot more. I find it to be more challenging (and therefore it holds my interest more, since I'm constantly learning new techniques), and I also generally prefer knitted fabrics over crocheted ones. I still do the odd bit of crocheting though.

I would love to see some of your work!

7. Pirate

Pirate Addicted Poster

I've been knitting for about 8 years and crocheting about 4. Crochet is a million times easier IMO, once you get teh basics down. I drop my yarn a lot and with knitting that kills it, with crochet it's easy to recover from. Also I like making a lot of toys and crocheting round is sooo much easier than knitting in the round. I do agree knitting often looks better though. I found with knitting I was never good whereas crochet I picked up quickly

The person I learnt to crochet from was theknitwitch on youtube. Once you get the hang of it its easier.

8. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

So my niece tried to make this mermaid blanket for her new baby but doesn't really crochet. I offered to make it for her, though I didn't really want to make the little bikini top. But she wants it for a photo project, so I relented. The project also included a headband, which she didn't ask for, but I made it anyway in the interest of completing the ensemble. I am quite pleased with how the blanket came out. Even my sewing wasn't wretched, which it sometimes is.

20170226_021840-640x853.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice