1. Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)
    Dismiss Notice

Can Anyone Help? 2018

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by shyvas, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

What is the recipe ? Corn flour (corn starch can replace flour that contains gluten.

2. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

I'm not sure. I'm guessing she's trying to adapt her usual recipe by using VeganEgg for the egg. I think she has a flour substitute already.

3. MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra MadamSarcastra, over & out.

I enjoy searching for things....

No pudding here, but maybe a couple of these might satiate: 15 Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free Desserts

Oh, here's one! -- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free & Soy-Free Chocolate Pudding

Personally, I've taken to using tapioca starch/flour instead of corn starch for a thickener in sauces & gravies & such....

Stovetop Rice Pudding Recipe (Creamy-Style & Vegan!)

gluten free vegan banana pudding - Sarah Bakes Gluten Free

Soy-free Vegan Chocolate Pudding | Healthful Pursuit

https://enjoylifefoods.com/recipes/desserts/

4. shyvas

shyvas Deity Forum Moderator

I really do think that you need to see the exact recipe when using substitutes. You can never obtain a real custard like sauce or pudding using egg substitutes. Using corn flour or another gluten free sub makes it more stodgey.

5. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

That's pretty much what I told her regarding the egg substitutes. I will tell her about the corn flour. Thank you!

6. PTree15

PTree15 Beach bum

Thank you, MadamSarcastra. :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. MadamSarcastra

My pleasure! Gives me somethin' to do.... :p LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I've used almond milk and cashew milk--no difference in recipe from cooked pudding with cornstarch--
    Silk Recipes: Chocolate Pudding | Silk

You can sub arrowroot or tapioca flour/starch (same thing I think), but tapioca will be kinda sticky

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. MadamSarcastra

Wow, that was a blast from the past! But if memory serves, everything turned out nicely.

I already knew the ratio, the question was about the liquid itself... but flat, warm beer worked very well!

And I ran out of flax meal several months ago, at least.... LOL :rolleyes: I'll use that Bob's Red Mill coupon you posted the link to! :D

10. silva

silva Addicted Poster

:rofl:
    I thought I deleted that! After I wrote it I thought "wow, that seems weird she'd ask now", and I saw it was from way back!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

Does anyone have a bran muffin recipe they've made and loved? I've seen a few online but most have only a single or no reviews. I did find one that looked good but it uses applesauce and I'm not sure what to use in it's place (can't eat apples, they cause migraines), maybe a banana?

Side note...maybe we should have a recipe request thread?

12. Andy_T

Andy_T Addicted Poster Forum Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mischief

Mischief Stranger in a strange land

Applesauce is usually used to make a recipe low fat - it replaces oil, but I'm not sure in what proportion (i.e., whether it's a one to one substitution).

14. Mischief

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. silva

silva Addicted Poster

16. silva

silva Addicted Poster

I used to make these a lot--not since going veg though! Only calls for one egg and I'm sure a flax egg, or if you like a half a mashed banana, would be fine.
    The Original All-Bran® Muffins

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mischief

18. Calliegirl

Calliegirl Deity

19. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

I’ve had such a craving for bran muffins. I used to love the recipe on the Raisin Bran cereal box but I’ve never tried making a vegan version. Maybe I’ll try making some this weekend if I can find a recipe that sounds good.

I like the idea of a recipe request thread.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  20. KLS52

KLS52 Only Kindness Matters

This recipe sounds pretty good. You have the option of using apple sauce or orange juice, which seems odd as I don’t think of them as interchangeable seeing the consistency is different. It’s odd how almost all the recipes I found online have applesauce in them.
    Vegan Blueberry Bran Muffins | Eggless Cooking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice