• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Buying a House

silva

Addicted Poster
View attachment 19468
I still feel like it’s premature since the buyers have until January 15 to obtain their mortgage. But we’re getting closer! Finding a house is now proving challenging. Actually going to the houses and seeing them in person is a lot different then looking at them online. Many many flaws that they don’t put in print, lol. Our low budget doesn’t help, along with husband preferring a house instead of a condo. And with son going in on the purchase with us, just makes it harder for the three of us to agree.
They shouldn't be allowed to do that 'fishbowl' lens photography! When a refrigerator is a big square in the photo it's totally useless!
Are you at least familiar with the area itself? It is so hard when you need to take others into consideration.

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
They shouldn't be allowed to do that 'fishbowl' lens photography! When a refrigerator is a big square in the photo it's totally useless!
Are you at least familiar with the area itself? It is so hard when you need to take others into consideration.
Yes we have several areas that are definitely appealing. We were able to rule out several others. So in that respect, at least we have a few towns that we know we like.

KLS52

“SnarkMaster”
I’m so tired of looking at houses. :sleepy: We’re spending so much time in the car. We’re driving 3 hours round trip, then the time it’s taking to go from house to house. We must have seen at least 25-30 over the last few months and only have two that we would consider putting an offer on. One is over budget and the other, a fixer upper. Pretty sure it would be a wash between the two but the fixer upper would be more practical. I just hate the thought of having to wait to have things done.

Today was a disappointment. We saw a house that I really thought was going to be the one in the town I like, but it was nothing like how it was portrayed in the listing. We pretty much exhausted all possibilities for now. We have five more to see this coming week. Then we may have to wait until the spring market.

Still waiting on word as to whether our buyers were able to get their mortgage. Only a few days left! 🤞🏻