• Curious about veganism or vegetarianism? Why not ask us a question? (You don't have to sign up, or be vegan or vegetarian!)

Health Issues UK Brits - Highest Consumers of Alcohol

PTree15

Beach bum
That does seem like a lot of wine. :D It takes me about three days to consume a bottle wine, as I usually drink wine with a meal. I haven't had it that much of late, mostly because I'm watching my pennies.

shyvas

Deity
Forum Moderator
Wow, the average adult Brit drinks more than two bottles of wine per week! Suddenly, my very occasional bottle of wine doesn't seem so bad!
My aunt and uncle both (86 &90) both have 2 glasses of wine before dinner. So that would mean that they consume more than 2 bottles per week.
At my cousin's we would both have 1 glass per day, which means just over 1 bottle per week. ;)

According to medical research it is highly advised to have 2 alcohol free days per week so that the liver can restore it's cells. So that would mean it's safer to drink just under a bottle per week during 5 days. :rolleyes:

Indian Summer

Cult Leader
Administrator
According to medical research it is highly advised to have 2 alcohol free days per week so that the liver can restore it's cells. So that would mean it's safer to drink just under a bottle per week during 5 days. :rolleyes:
Yeah, and you don't want the wine to go bad either, so better to finish it off sooner rather than later! o_O😁